You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-08 11:07:52

Y2JFanatic

Jim Johnston needs to shut up, today's theme songs are pretty good

I think Jim Johnston the former musician of WWE is just bitching at Vince 'cause he's upset that he lost his job so he's continuing to bash Vince and WWE.

In my opinion, I think today's WWE themes are pretty good. CFO is no longer working for WWE either but they made a lot of cool theme songs for WWE and NXT. I'm not sure who the musician is for today's WWE but they continue to make cool themes for today's superstars.

Jim Johnston created some cool stuff for iconic themes but he created some bad themes as well. He's just an old school guy who needs to get with the times.

https://cultaholic.com/posts/the-music- … nce-themes

I think there are plenty of very cool themes like Roman Reigns/The Shield, Finn Balor, Robby Roode and Asuka being some of the best themes... but also Undisputed Era, Aleistar Black, Tommasso Ciampa, Karrion Kross, Shotzi Blackheart, IO Shirai, Dakota Kai, Damien Priest, Shayna Baszler, etc. They all have cool themes.

I remember when the WWE and NXT shows had crowds, the crowds will sing along to a lot of these themes and they would dance to them too. I think Johnston is just jealous of that.

Maybe Vince got rid of Jim 'cause he was getting too "old school" and Vince wanted a more modern feeling.

#2 2021-03-08 12:42:04

RyanP

Re: Jim Johnston needs to shut up, today's theme songs are pretty good

I don’t think he’s upset about losing his job. If anyone in the wrestling theme song industry has earned the right to be critical of current theme songs it’s Jim Johnston. With all the Icconic theme songs he’s produced he’s earned the right to criticize WWE or any promotions theme songs.

#3 2021-03-08 17:11:07

Majin Tween
WNS Secretary
Website Twitter
XMPP:
raccoon@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

I really dislike nearly every entrance theme in wrestling right now, with a few exceptions that are usually either blatant ripoffs of other songs (such as Asuka) or performed by actual bands (Cody Rhodes, Jericho, etc.)

#4 2021-03-08 18:46:27

Y2JFanatic

... but why won't Jim admit that Roman Reigns, Finn Balor, Bobby Roode, the old Bray Wyatt and the new Fiend theme song were some of the best? They are the most memorable theme songs currently... admit it right???

#5 2021-03-09 08:47:02

GoodOldPapa

Most of todays theme music sounds generic, like its been put thru something and had its heart and soul taken out of it.  I can understand why Jim would feel that way, and as Ryan stated, he's earned the right to offer his opinion on it, because he did it for so long.

#6 2021-03-09 12:46:24

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

WWE themes are alright these days, and you're right we have some decent ones but I don't necessarily feel they are an extension of characters like they were back in the 90s/00s.

AEW themes do have something I like, maybe a little more of that character extension. They do however need to work on their audio on weekly broadcasts and PPVs.

#7 2021-03-10 15:34:14

IronFistMaiden
Supreme Leader
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
ironfistmaiden@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(online)

dude is right, people don't design music for the wrestler anymore

I'm like a Vegeta but trying real hard to be like a Goku.
Join the WNS Discord https://discord.gg/GTUc4db <-- Invite

#8 2021-03-13 03:57:37

Blazaholic

I don't think it's bitterness by any stretch. Sure there are a lot of great themes, but for every Roman Reigns theme, there's Keith Lee's new theme. Not all of them are bad, some are just forgettable. I don't watch every week so maybe that's why. I couldn't tell you what The Street Profits theme sounds like, or Gable and Otis. Then again sometimes they strike gold, only to screw it up when they get called up to the main roster (ie. Keith Lee). Perhaps it's nostalgia talking, but the ratio of hit/miss has dropped a great deal from the Johnston era

Board footer