You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-02 00:46:42

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 514

AEW Face of Revolution Ladder Match

Looking at the guys who already got spots in the match Cody Rhodes, Scorpio Sky, Penta El Zero Miedo, Lance Archer, and one  to be determine  on Wednesday night as Max Caster takes on Preston 10 Vance, and a mystery man to debut at Revolution....  With the Winner to get a shot a Darby Allin  and TNT title....

Looking at the guys in the match so far Cody Rhodes, will probably be in the picture for this title no matter what, but hopefully want win this one...  Scorpio Sky, one of the former and 1st World tag team champions in AEW, deserve a singles run and possible championship run...  Penta, rather see him and Rey Fenix go after the tag titles, love to see the Young Bucks and Lucha Brothers renew their rival.... Lance Archer, now he deserves a title shot, he's maybe the best big man in AEW right now who can move like a light-weight  walking the ropes, doing moon-saults and etc...   As for the others will come back after  the match Wednesday between 10 and Caster and give my thoughts... Same for when they announce the mystery man...

What are your thoughts of this match????

Offline

#2 2021-03-02 04:59:53

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 137

Re: AEW Face of Revolution Ladder Match

I would prefer Cody not to win it, nothing against Cody, I would just prefer to see someone different win it and get the TNT title match, as Cody has been there and done it with the TNT title, I’m not saying for Cody to not ever challenge or win the TNT title again, just at this moment in time I would prefer someone different to win it, as happened in the last ladder match when Brian Cage debuted and won it.

Offline

#3 2021-03-02 09:25:11

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 137

Re: AEW Face of Revolution Ladder Match

Aj29051994 wrote:

I would prefer Cody not to win it, nothing against Cody, I would just prefer to see someone different win it and get the TNT title match, as Cody has been there and done it with the TNT title, I’m not saying for Cody to not ever challenge or win the TNT title again, just at this moment in time I would prefer someone different to win it, as happened in the last ladder match when Brian Cage debuted and won it.

I'll agree with you here, I feel like one of the biggest mistakes they've made is making it so Cody can never challenge for the World Heavyweight Title, not that I think that should be plastered up around Cody's waist 24/7 but he kind of boxed himself into a corner with that so he's just gonna be a revolving door with the TNT title. I wouldn't mind after he comes back from paternity leave after his kids born if he picks up a title because I feel like that would be a lengthy enough time without him holding one.

I would prefer Scorpio to win it, I feel like he's really good and deserves a singles title run and it'd be a good way to separate him more from SCU so he can become a singles star.

Offline

#4 2021-03-02 14:49:09

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 137

Re: AEW Face of Revolution Ladder Match

ilyem wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:

I would prefer Cody not to win it, nothing against Cody, I would just prefer to see someone different win it and get the TNT title match, as Cody has been there and done it with the TNT title, I’m not saying for Cody to not ever challenge or win the TNT title again, just at this moment in time I would prefer someone different to win it, as happened in the last ladder match when Brian Cage debuted and won it.

I'll agree with you here, I feel like one of the biggest mistakes they've made is making it so Cody can never challenge for the World Heavyweight Title, not that I think that should be plastered up around Cody's waist 24/7 but he kind of boxed himself into a corner with that so he's just gonna be a revolving door with the TNT title. I wouldn't mind after he comes back from paternity leave after his kids born if he picks up a title because I feel like that would be a lengthy enough time without him holding one.

I would prefer Scorpio to win it, I feel like he's really good and deserves a singles title run and it'd be a good way to separate him more from SCU so he can become a singles star.

100% agree, Cody has backed himself into a corner with never being able to challenge for the World Heavyweight Title, I’m not fully 100% sure that will be stuck to though, the only reason I say that is because if he is never going to challenge for the WHT again, then in my opinion he should not be included in the rankings for the Heavyweight Championship, of course he’ll still have a win, loss and draw record, but if he cannot challenge then why be ranked?

I would not have any qualms with Cody winning the TNT title after a while not holding it like you say.

My own opinion, I would like Penta El Zero Miedo get the win, I could also see the mystery man being someone like Shawn Spears.

Offline

#5 2021-03-02 15:36:00

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 137

Re: AEW Face of Revolution Ladder Match

Aj29051994 wrote:
ilyem wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:

I would prefer Cody not to win it, nothing against Cody, I would just prefer to see someone different win it and get the TNT title match, as Cody has been there and done it with the TNT title, I’m not saying for Cody to not ever challenge or win the TNT title again, just at this moment in time I would prefer someone different to win it, as happened in the last ladder match when Brian Cage debuted and won it.

I'll agree with you here, I feel like one of the biggest mistakes they've made is making it so Cody can never challenge for the World Heavyweight Title, not that I think that should be plastered up around Cody's waist 24/7 but he kind of boxed himself into a corner with that so he's just gonna be a revolving door with the TNT title. I wouldn't mind after he comes back from paternity leave after his kids born if he picks up a title because I feel like that would be a lengthy enough time without him holding one.

I would prefer Scorpio to win it, I feel like he's really good and deserves a singles title run and it'd be a good way to separate him more from SCU so he can become a singles star.

100% agree, Cody has backed himself into a corner with never being able to challenge for the World Heavyweight Title, I’m not fully 100% sure that will be stuck to though, the only reason I say that is because if he is never going to challenge for the WHT again, then in my opinion he should not be included in the rankings for the Heavyweight Championship, of course he’ll still have a win, loss and draw record, but if he cannot challenge then why be ranked?

I would not have any qualms with Cody winning the TNT title after a while not holding it like you say.

My own opinion, I would like Penta El Zero Miedo get the win, I could also see the mystery man being someone like Shawn Spears.

That is actually something my friend and I have talked about, how he is still ranked and there's no asterisk being *can only challenge for TNT title.* I think they should have an actual fleshed rankings for the TNT title as well. I think eventually it'll get put back into a match that if he wins he can challenge again, it'd be perfect if they ever revisit his feud with MJF, which they definitely should since there is still a lot unresolved there.

Oh yeah, I don't mind him holding a title as long as he's not getting one handed to him every other week or getting an opportunity every other week as well.

Penta would definitely be a good choice too, I think he's fantastic and I would have no issue with him challenging Darby either, they do have some promising guys in there, and I agree that with Cody being the first TNT champion and the first to hold it twice that it doesn't make sense for him to win this. Penta, Scorpio, or even Lance wouldn't be bad, but I feel like Lance needs to find more of a footing first, I've only recently gotten a shine to him.

I don't quite know what Shawn Spears is doing but you never know.

Offline

#6 2021-03-02 18:08:00

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 137

Re: AEW Face of Revolution Ladder Match

ilyem wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:
ilyem wrote:

I'll agree with you here, I feel like one of the biggest mistakes they've made is making it so Cody can never challenge for the World Heavyweight Title, not that I think that should be plastered up around Cody's waist 24/7 but he kind of boxed himself into a corner with that so he's just gonna be a revolving door with the TNT title. I wouldn't mind after he comes back from paternity leave after his kids born if he picks up a title because I feel like that would be a lengthy enough time without him holding one.

I would prefer Scorpio to win it, I feel like he's really good and deserves a singles title run and it'd be a good way to separate him more from SCU so he can become a singles star.

100% agree, Cody has backed himself into a corner with never being able to challenge for the World Heavyweight Title, I’m not fully 100% sure that will be stuck to though, the only reason I say that is because if he is never going to challenge for the WHT again, then in my opinion he should not be included in the rankings for the Heavyweight Championship, of course he’ll still have a win, loss and draw record, but if he cannot challenge then why be ranked?

I would not have any qualms with Cody winning the TNT title after a while not holding it like you say.

My own opinion, I would like Penta El Zero Miedo get the win, I could also see the mystery man being someone like Shawn Spears.

That is actually something my friend and I have talked about, how he is still ranked and there's no asterisk being *can only challenge for TNT title.* I think they should have an actual fleshed rankings for the TNT title as well. I think eventually it'll get put back into a match that if he wins he can challenge again, it'd be perfect if they ever revisit his feud with MJF, which they definitely should since there is still a lot unresolved there.

Oh yeah, I don't mind him holding a title as long as he's not getting one handed to him every other week or getting an opportunity every other week as well.

Penta would definitely be a good choice too, I think he's fantastic and I would have no issue with him challenging Darby either, they do have some promising guys in there, and I agree that with Cody being the first TNT champion and the first to hold it twice that it doesn't make sense for him to win this. Penta, Scorpio, or even Lance wouldn't be bad, but I feel like Lance needs to find more of a footing first, I've only recently gotten a shine to him.

I don't quite know what Shawn Spears is doing but you never know.

I have had the exact same thoughts as you regarding all of what you have said about Cody, either asterisk his name or remove him from the rankings and create a TNT title rankings system. Also I too would be very surprised if at some point they do not pick up the MJF feud again to reverse the stipulation currently enforced on Cody.

I am slightly biased towards wanting Penta to win, purely because I would love to see a Penta vs Darby match, if Penta does not win, I would not mind Scorpio winning, I would hope if he does that it could be the start of a more sustained singles run for him, as he had the match with Jericho, then a feud with Spears, but since then he’s not really been featured, it’s been a bit stop start for him in my opinion, so if he was to win I would hope it would be the start of a decent run for him. Lance Archer is a funny one for me too, since he signed with AEW, I had not been sold on him in the slightest, but in recent weeks, the matches against Eddie Kingston, the tag matches with Moxley, Fenix, PAC against Omega, KENTA etc, also last weeks match against Fenix, Archer has started to grow on me more and more.

As far as I’m aware, Spears is still signed to AEW, his profile was removed from the website a few days before Christmas. But he was on the stage for the ten bell salute at the start of the Brodie Lee memorial episode of Dynamite. Might be a bit of a left-field prediction that he might be the mystery entry, but as you say you never know.

Offline

#7 2021-03-03 10:34:35

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 137

Re: AEW Face of Revolution Ladder Match

Aj29051994 wrote:
ilyem wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:

100% agree, Cody has backed himself into a corner with never being able to challenge for the World Heavyweight Title, I’m not fully 100% sure that will be stuck to though, the only reason I say that is because if he is never going to challenge for the WHT again, then in my opinion he should not be included in the rankings for the Heavyweight Championship, of course he’ll still have a win, loss and draw record, but if he cannot challenge then why be ranked?

I would not have any qualms with Cody winning the TNT title after a while not holding it like you say.

My own opinion, I would like Penta El Zero Miedo get the win, I could also see the mystery man being someone like Shawn Spears.

That is actually something my friend and I have talked about, how he is still ranked and there's no asterisk being *can only challenge for TNT title.* I think they should have an actual fleshed rankings for the TNT title as well. I think eventually it'll get put back into a match that if he wins he can challenge again, it'd be perfect if they ever revisit his feud with MJF, which they definitely should since there is still a lot unresolved there.

Oh yeah, I don't mind him holding a title as long as he's not getting one handed to him every other week or getting an opportunity every other week as well.

Penta would definitely be a good choice too, I think he's fantastic and I would have no issue with him challenging Darby either, they do have some promising guys in there, and I agree that with Cody being the first TNT champion and the first to hold it twice that it doesn't make sense for him to win this. Penta, Scorpio, or even Lance wouldn't be bad, but I feel like Lance needs to find more of a footing first, I've only recently gotten a shine to him.

I don't quite know what Shawn Spears is doing but you never know.

I have had the exact same thoughts as you regarding all of what you have said about Cody, either asterisk his name or remove him from the rankings and create a TNT title rankings system. Also I too would be very surprised if at some point they do not pick up the MJF feud again to reverse the stipulation currently enforced on Cody.

I am slightly biased towards wanting Penta to win, purely because I would love to see a Penta vs Darby match, if Penta does not win, I would not mind Scorpio winning, I would hope if he does that it could be the start of a more sustained singles run for him, as he had the match with Jericho, then a feud with Spears, but since then he’s not really been featured, it’s been a bit stop start for him in my opinion, so if he was to win I would hope it would be the start of a decent run for him. Lance Archer is a funny one for me too, since he signed with AEW, I had not been sold on him in the slightest, but in recent weeks, the matches against Eddie Kingston, the tag matches with Moxley, Fenix, PAC against Omega, KENTA etc, also last weeks match against Fenix, Archer has started to grow on me more and more.

As far as I’m aware, Spears is still signed to AEW, his profile was removed from the website a few days before Christmas. But he was on the stage for the ten bell salute at the start of the Brodie Lee memorial episode of Dynamite. Might be a bit of a left-field prediction that he might be the mystery entry, but as you say you never know.

Yeah, I agree, like overall, I enjoy Cody, his matches are never bad and usually entertaining, but I think he's just become oversaturated in a way that makes it like "Hey look at me, see I can be main event too" and its been known for a while that he can, I don't feel he needs to prove it anymore but when he boxes himself in to be perpetual mid-card or depending on outside feuds to keep himself relevant, it just wasn't the move to take himself out of the title picture like that. However, like you said, it probably wont stick, he said he wasn't going to use Rhodes in AEW but then he did, it might just not be for a while. I don't see him retiring without at least one run with the world title.

I don't blame you, Penta is super good and wildly entertaining, I wouldn't be mad with a Penta win at all, I just said Scorpio because he's someone they've given small pushes too and then it seemingly went away. For both its well deserved. And has it been confirmed there is someone debuting in the match? I'm asking because I haven't heard yet.

Pac is someone I hope gets pushed up next, I missed his energy while he was gone and I like the kind of middle ground he's playing now where he's definitely on the good guy side of the situation but he's definitely got heel tendencies.

Yeah, Shawn is definitely still with the company, but I think he was taken off TV and given the 'he's gone' treatment because they are gonna repackage him maybe. That was confirmed with me when I saw him on stage during the Brodie Lee tribute. I wasn't huge for his character before, it more so seemed like he didn't really know where he was going or what he was doing, so I hope when he does come back it's with a more clear gimmick and he's actually has something done with him.

Offline

#8 2021-03-03 16:15:39

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 137

Re: AEW Face of Revolution Ladder Match

ilyem wrote:
Aj29051994 wrote:
ilyem wrote:

That is actually something my friend and I have talked about, how he is still ranked and there's no asterisk being *can only challenge for TNT title.* I think they should have an actual fleshed rankings for the TNT title as well. I think eventually it'll get put back into a match that if he wins he can challenge again, it'd be perfect if they ever revisit his feud with MJF, which they definitely should since there is still a lot unresolved there.

Oh yeah, I don't mind him holding a title as long as he's not getting one handed to him every other week or getting an opportunity every other week as well.

Penta would definitely be a good choice too, I think he's fantastic and I would have no issue with him challenging Darby either, they do have some promising guys in there, and I agree that with Cody being the first TNT champion and the first to hold it twice that it doesn't make sense for him to win this. Penta, Scorpio, or even Lance wouldn't be bad, but I feel like Lance needs to find more of a footing first, I've only recently gotten a shine to him.

I don't quite know what Shawn Spears is doing but you never know.

I have had the exact same thoughts as you regarding all of what you have said about Cody, either asterisk his name or remove him from the rankings and create a TNT title rankings system. Also I too would be very surprised if at some point they do not pick up the MJF feud again to reverse the stipulation currently enforced on Cody.

I am slightly biased towards wanting Penta to win, purely because I would love to see a Penta vs Darby match, if Penta does not win, I would not mind Scorpio winning, I would hope if he does that it could be the start of a more sustained singles run for him, as he had the match with Jericho, then a feud with Spears, but since then he’s not really been featured, it’s been a bit stop start for him in my opinion, so if he was to win I would hope it would be the start of a decent run for him. Lance Archer is a funny one for me too, since he signed with AEW, I had not been sold on him in the slightest, but in recent weeks, the matches against Eddie Kingston, the tag matches with Moxley, Fenix, PAC against Omega, KENTA etc, also last weeks match against Fenix, Archer has started to grow on me more and more.

As far as I’m aware, Spears is still signed to AEW, his profile was removed from the website a few days before Christmas. But he was on the stage for the ten bell salute at the start of the Brodie Lee memorial episode of Dynamite. Might be a bit of a left-field prediction that he might be the mystery entry, but as you say you never know.

Yeah, I agree, like overall, I enjoy Cody, his matches are never bad and usually entertaining, but I think he's just become oversaturated in a way that makes it like "Hey look at me, see I can be main event too" and its been known for a while that he can, I don't feel he needs to prove it anymore but when he boxes himself in to be perpetual mid-card or depending on outside feuds to keep himself relevant, it just wasn't the move to take himself out of the title picture like that. However, like you said, it probably wont stick, he said he wasn't going to use Rhodes in AEW but then he did, it might just not be for a while. I don't see him retiring without at least one run with the world title.

I don't blame you, Penta is super good and wildly entertaining, I wouldn't be mad with a Penta win at all, I just said Scorpio because he's someone they've given small pushes too and then it seemingly went away. For both its well deserved. And has it been confirmed there is someone debuting in the match? I'm asking because I haven't heard yet.

Pac is someone I hope gets pushed up next, I missed his energy while he was gone and I like the kind of middle ground he's playing now where he's definitely on the good guy side of the situation but he's definitely got heel tendencies.

Yeah, Shawn is definitely still with the company, but I think he was taken off TV and given the 'he's gone' treatment because they are gonna repackage him maybe. That was confirmed with me when I saw him on stage during the Brodie Lee tribute. I wasn't huge for his character before, it more so seemed like he didn't really know where he was going or what he was doing, so I hope when he does come back it's with a more clear gimmick and he's actually has something done with him.

I’m the same with Cody, so far he has put on a good matches no matter who he has faced, I will not lie I am cautious about tonight though with how good of a match Cody can put on working with Shaq. Also with Cody I have liked how he has put talents over in big matches too, such as MJF, the first TNT title match against Brodie Lee, the match with Darby. He definitely has nothing to prove though as you say, in regards to the main event. This again might be a long shot prediction, but I could see Cody having a match with MJF to overturn the stipulation, then going onto face the Heavyweight Champion in his final match, winning the match then vacating the title straight after. Or if MJF is already the World Champion, Cody’s final match could be against MJF for the Heavyweight Championship. After say MJF voluntarily gives Cody the match, after giving the “MJF “heel style promo etc” about wanting to be the one to retire Cody, only for Cody to then get the win, so it can be said he was the World Champion.

I agree with what you have said about Scorpio completely, for me he is also someone who is too good, to not have a substantial singles push/run in the company. As far as I’m aware, I remember reading somewhere that Tony Khan said that he plans to leave one spot open for a surprise entrant, he also said that he has an idea and thinks he knows will be good for it, I do not think he said anything that a wrestler was going to debut, but on the other hand I do not recall Tony saying the opposite of that either, I think he has just left the fans to speculate, unless something more is announced on Dynamite tonight.

Absolutely PAC definitely has that nasty streak about his in ring work, but is being viewed as a face. The pandemic I feel has really hindered PAC massively, as I think that he would of had a shot at the Heavyweight Championship, had the pandemic never happened. I say that just based off the rankings at the time, his matches on Dynamite, also his PPV wins, the one over Orange Cassidy, but the one that for me still stands out, the clean victory he got over Kenny Omega. Especially as we all know that Kenny is not going to lose many singles matches in AEW, so for him to put PAC over clean, I think said a lot about how PAC is viewed by AEW.

I am very much hoping the same for Spears, there did not seem to be any direction for him, which I hope does change whenever he does return.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer