You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-22 01:59:18

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 382

The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

At Elimination Chamber Drew McIntyre successfully retained his WWE title in the Elimination Chamber match only to be assaulted by Lashley which led to the Miz cashing in his MITB briefcase and winning the title and go figure the fans are already bitching about it. The fans complain when WWE is being too predictable then when WWE goes unpredictable by having the Miz win the title the fans are still complaining. I don’t understand it. Miz is the hardest worker in the company and one of if not thee best on the Mic in the company and yet fans are still gonna complain about him winning the title? Really? Even though he is going to be more than likely a transitional champion. Good for Miz he deserves this. What are y’all’s thoughts on the Miz winning the title and the fans reactions to it?

Offline

#2 2021-02-22 02:05:34

rattbagg
Member
Registered: 2020-10-22
Posts: 7

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

Mine and everyone else’s thoughts are that you need to fuck off permanently.

Offline

#3 2021-02-22 05:40:07

Blazaholic
Member
Registered: 2019-11-22
Posts: 72

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

It was the closest thing to a swerve WWE's been able to do in awhile. I don't mind it, especially considering there's a whole other PPV before Mania where he could end up losing it. I could see Drew vs Sheamus for Mania, though they could even try and squeeze Miz in and make it a triple threat. I think it just shakes Raw up a bit, which it really kinda needs. Whether you like Miz or hate Miz he's good on a mic. Half of the stuff he does with Morrison is pretty corny, but Miz strikes gold sometimes. The main event is going to be Roman vs Edge anyways, but if the Universal Championship is going to main event one of the Wrestlemania nights I think they'd need to go with McIntyre vs Sheamus. Say Miz did keep it until Mania though, who would you like to see him go up against?

Offline

#4 2021-02-22 06:32:14

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 382

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

Blazaholic wrote:

It was the closest thing to a swerve WWE's been able to do in awhile. I don't mind it, especially considering there's a whole other PPV before Mania where he could end up losing it. I could see Drew vs Sheamus for Mania, though they could even try and squeeze Miz in and make it a triple threat. I think it just shakes Raw up a bit, which it really kinda needs. Whether you like Miz or hate Miz he's good on a mic. Half of the stuff he does with Morrison is pretty corny, but Miz strikes gold sometimes. The main event is going to be Roman vs Edge anyways, but if the Universal Championship is going to main event one of the Wrestlemania nights I think they'd need to go with McIntyre vs Sheamus. Say Miz did keep it until Mania though, who would you like to see him go up against?

If Miz were to keep it until Mania then I could see them make it  a fatal 4 way based on what happened at Elimination Chamber. McIntyre vs Miz vs Lashley vs Sheamus.

Offline

#5 2021-02-22 10:42:29

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 137

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

I had a feeling it was going to happen, I remember him saying if he wasn't champion before WM he was going to retire. I just wish it was a bit more of a surprise, I like the Miz and I think he deserves a decent run with the title since he's been around and is one of the more loyal guys in the company. I just wish it wasn't so obvious he was going to cash it and it sucks that he's probably just gonna hold the title for a bit and drop it back to Drew at Mania. That wasn't my biggest issue with the PPV, we'll see where it goes from here.

Offline

#6 2021-02-22 10:55:00

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 382

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

ilyem wrote:

I had a feeling it was going to happen, I remember him saying if he wasn't champion before WM he was going to retire. I just wish it was a bit more of a surprise, I like the Miz and I think he deserves a decent run with the title since he's been around and is one of the more loyal guys in the company. I just wish it wasn't so obvious he was going to cash it and it sucks that he's probably just gonna hold the title for a bit and drop it back to Drew at Mania. That wasn't my biggest issue with the PPV, we'll see where it goes from here.

The cash in may have been obvious but Lashley’s involvement was not obvious. Like I said I don’t have a problem with Miz cashing in and winning the title and the ironic part is had Miz cashed in and been unsuccessful then I guarantee you that the same fans that are complaining about Miz winning the title would be complaining about WWE devaluing the MITB contract by having an unsuccessful cash in. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again there is no pleasing today’s wrestling fans which is why most of the time WWE sticks with their original plans on storylines/characters because it’s hard to evaluate what your fanbase wants when they quite literally complain about everything.

Offline

#7 2021-02-22 11:16:24

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 137

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:

I had a feeling it was going to happen, I remember him saying if he wasn't champion before WM he was going to retire. I just wish it was a bit more of a surprise, I like the Miz and I think he deserves a decent run with the title since he's been around and is one of the more loyal guys in the company. I just wish it wasn't so obvious he was going to cash it and it sucks that he's probably just gonna hold the title for a bit and drop it back to Drew at Mania. That wasn't my biggest issue with the PPV, we'll see where it goes from here.

The cash in may have been obvious but Lashley’s involvement was not obvious. Like I said I don’t have a problem with Miz cashing in and winning the title and the ironic part is had Miz cashed in and been unsuccessful then I guarantee you that the same fans that are complaining about Miz winning the title would be complaining about WWE devaluing the MITB contract by having an unsuccessful cash in. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again there is no pleasing today’s wrestling fans which is why most of the time WWE sticks with their original plans on storylines/characters because it’s hard to evaluate what your fanbase wants when they quite literally complain about everything.

I think its more so that there weren't many people really clamoring for a Miz title run, I have nothing against The Miz, I personally like him in and outside of the ring, he seems like a real solid dude, however, no one was really starting rallies of "Miz for Champ' or anything like that where as there have been for other guys. At the end of the day, I wasn't mad about what happened, but I can see where and why people don't like it. You can choose to believe that, that's your opinion, as per usual, mine differs. At the end of the day, good for Miz, but I just don't see it being a long title reign and for Mr MITB to be a transitional champion, that just kind of sucks, especially when it was originally Otis who won it and people are still a bit salty about that. Overall, WWE is gonna continue to WWE.

Offline

#8 2021-02-22 11:26:14

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 382

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:

I had a feeling it was going to happen, I remember him saying if he wasn't champion before WM he was going to retire. I just wish it was a bit more of a surprise, I like the Miz and I think he deserves a decent run with the title since he's been around and is one of the more loyal guys in the company. I just wish it wasn't so obvious he was going to cash it and it sucks that he's probably just gonna hold the title for a bit and drop it back to Drew at Mania. That wasn't my biggest issue with the PPV, we'll see where it goes from here.

The cash in may have been obvious but Lashley’s involvement was not obvious. Like I said I don’t have a problem with Miz cashing in and winning the title and the ironic part is had Miz cashed in and been unsuccessful then I guarantee you that the same fans that are complaining about Miz winning the title would be complaining about WWE devaluing the MITB contract by having an unsuccessful cash in. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again there is no pleasing today’s wrestling fans which is why most of the time WWE sticks with their original plans on storylines/characters because it’s hard to evaluate what your fanbase wants when they quite literally complain about everything.

I think its more so that there weren't many people really clamoring for a Miz title run, I have nothing against The Miz, I personally like him in and outside of the ring, he seems like a real solid dude, however, no one was really starting rallies of "Miz for Champ' or anything like that where as there have been for other guys. At the end of the day, I wasn't mad about what happened, but I can see where and why people don't like it. You can choose to believe that, that's your opinion, as per usual, mine differs. At the end of the day, good for Miz, but I just don't see it being a long title reign and for Mr MITB to be a transitional champion, that just kind of sucks, especially when it was originally Otis who won it and people are still a bit salty about that. Overall, WWE is gonna continue to WWE.

I can understand why people don’t like it too and WWE is going to continue to WWE and the fans are part of the reason for that. Like I’ve said when your fanbase complains about literally everything you do your going to stick with your original plans because you know no matter what you do they are going to complain about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but let me ask you this. Does that opinion loose credibility if your a fan that complains about everything WWE does?

Last edited by RyanP (2021-02-22 11:26:51)

Offline

#9 2021-02-22 11:35:23

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 137

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:

The cash in may have been obvious but Lashley’s involvement was not obvious. Like I said I don’t have a problem with Miz cashing in and winning the title and the ironic part is had Miz cashed in and been unsuccessful then I guarantee you that the same fans that are complaining about Miz winning the title would be complaining about WWE devaluing the MITB contract by having an unsuccessful cash in. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again there is no pleasing today’s wrestling fans which is why most of the time WWE sticks with their original plans on storylines/characters because it’s hard to evaluate what your fanbase wants when they quite literally complain about everything.

I think its more so that there weren't many people really clamoring for a Miz title run, I have nothing against The Miz, I personally like him in and outside of the ring, he seems like a real solid dude, however, no one was really starting rallies of "Miz for Champ' or anything like that where as there have been for other guys. At the end of the day, I wasn't mad about what happened, but I can see where and why people don't like it. You can choose to believe that, that's your opinion, as per usual, mine differs. At the end of the day, good for Miz, but I just don't see it being a long title reign and for Mr MITB to be a transitional champion, that just kind of sucks, especially when it was originally Otis who won it and people are still a bit salty about that. Overall, WWE is gonna continue to WWE.

I can understand why people don’t like it too and WWE is going to continue to WWE and the fans are part of the reason for that. Like I’ve said when your fanbase complains about literally everything you do your going to stick with your original plans because you know no matter what you do they are going to complain about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but let me ask you this. Does that opinion loose credibility if your a fan that complains about everything WWE does?

No, it doesn't, like you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Does your opinion lose credibly when you agree with everything WWE does? That question sounds kind of dumb, doesn't it? I understand you aren't happy that people disagree with WWE, but it's a reach to say EVERYONE disagrees with EVERYTHING they do, because that simply isn't true. You are not the one lone happy WWE fan, Ryan. People are allowed to like certain parts and dislike other parts. Your opinion is no more valid than mine, or someone who dislikes what happened. It's an opinion, everyone is entitled to it. You don't get to dictate whose is and is not credible, if the person consumes the product and has criticism they are entitled to it, just as you are entitled to enjoy it. We've had this conversation before, stop trying to gatekeep wrestling and being personally insulted when someone isn't a fan of the product or end result of something. This is exactly why you are constantly referred to as a mark and a white knight.

Last edited by ilyem (2021-02-22 11:36:15)

Offline

#10 2021-02-22 12:05:28

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 382

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:

I think its more so that there weren't many people really clamoring for a Miz title run, I have nothing against The Miz, I personally like him in and outside of the ring, he seems like a real solid dude, however, no one was really starting rallies of "Miz for Champ' or anything like that where as there have been for other guys. At the end of the day, I wasn't mad about what happened, but I can see where and why people don't like it. You can choose to believe that, that's your opinion, as per usual, mine differs. At the end of the day, good for Miz, but I just don't see it being a long title reign and for Mr MITB to be a transitional champion, that just kind of sucks, especially when it was originally Otis who won it and people are still a bit salty about that. Overall, WWE is gonna continue to WWE.

I can understand why people don’t like it too and WWE is going to continue to WWE and the fans are part of the reason for that. Like I’ve said when your fanbase complains about literally everything you do your going to stick with your original plans because you know no matter what you do they are going to complain about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but let me ask you this. Does that opinion loose credibility if your a fan that complains about everything WWE does?

No, it doesn't, like you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Does your opinion lose credibly when you agree with everything WWE does? That question sounds kind of dumb, doesn't it? I understand you aren't happy that people disagree with WWE, but it's a reach to say EVERYONE disagrees with EVERYTHING they do, because that simply isn't true. You are not the one lone happy WWE fan, Ryan. People are allowed to like certain parts and dislike other parts. Your opinion is no more valid than mine, or someone who dislikes what happened. It's an opinion, everyone is entitled to it. You don't get to dictate whose is and is not credible, if the person consumes the product and has criticism they are entitled to it, just as you are entitled to enjoy it. We've had this conversation before, stop trying to gatekeep wrestling and being personally insulted when someone isn't a fan of the product or end result of something. This is exactly why you are constantly referred to as a mark and a white knight.

All due respect I’ve said before that people are entitled to their opinion about WWE if they don’t like that’s their choice but it’s hard for me at least to take someone’s opinion seriously or put any stock in said opinion when you see the same name pop up with constant complaints. I get that not everyone is going to like WWE and that they are entitled to their opinion about it but like I said it’s hard to put any stock in said opinion when you see the same name complaining all the time and that’s not a personal shot at you but just a general observation from me about wrestling fans. As far as everyone disagreeing with everything being a stretch I would suggest reading the regular comment sections then you’ll understand why I think that because that is quite literally what they do they complain about EVERYTHING WWE does and to be fair I’ve stated in the past that I DON’T agree with everything WWE does especially when it comes to their tag division, use of legends/HOF’s and their misuse of NXT talent when they are called up to the main roster but because I do defend WWE a lot people tend to ignore that. Take Retribution for example because I said that fans should let it play out for awhile before crapping all over it they assumed that I liked and supported Retribution which I did for awhile but it never improved and I just stopped liking it. Bottom line is I’ve just kind of stopped defending myself from these trolls in the comment sections because no matter what I say I’m going to get trashed and insulted for it. Hope your day is going well.

Offline

#11 2021-02-22 12:38:22

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 137

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:

I can understand why people don’t like it too and WWE is going to continue to WWE and the fans are part of the reason for that. Like I’ve said when your fanbase complains about literally everything you do your going to stick with your original plans because you know no matter what you do they are going to complain about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but let me ask you this. Does that opinion loose credibility if your a fan that complains about everything WWE does?

No, it doesn't, like you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Does your opinion lose credibly when you agree with everything WWE does? That question sounds kind of dumb, doesn't it? I understand you aren't happy that people disagree with WWE, but it's a reach to say EVERYONE disagrees with EVERYTHING they do, because that simply isn't true. You are not the one lone happy WWE fan, Ryan. People are allowed to like certain parts and dislike other parts. Your opinion is no more valid than mine, or someone who dislikes what happened. It's an opinion, everyone is entitled to it. You don't get to dictate whose is and is not credible, if the person consumes the product and has criticism they are entitled to it, just as you are entitled to enjoy it. We've had this conversation before, stop trying to gatekeep wrestling and being personally insulted when someone isn't a fan of the product or end result of something. This is exactly why you are constantly referred to as a mark and a white knight.

All due respect I’ve said before that people are entitled to their opinion about WWE if they don’t like that’s their choice but it’s hard for me at least to take someone’s opinion seriously or put any stock in said opinion when you see the same name pop up with constant complaints. I get that not everyone is going to like WWE and that they are entitled to their opinion about it but like I said it’s hard to put any stock in said opinion when you see the same name complaining all the time and that’s not a personal shot at you but just a general observation from me about wrestling fans. As far as everyone disagreeing with everything being a stretch I would suggest reading the regular comment sections then you’ll understand why I think that because that is quite literally what they do they complain about EVERYTHING WWE does and to be fair I’ve stated in the past that I DON’T agree with everything WWE does especially when it comes to their tag division, use of legends/HOF’s and their misuse of NXT talent when they are called up to the main roster but because I do defend WWE a lot people tend to ignore that. Take Retribution for example because I said that fans should let it play out for awhile before crapping all over it they assumed that I liked and supported Retribution which I did for awhile but it never improved and I just stopped liking it. Bottom line is I’ve just kind of stopped defending myself from these trolls in the comment sections because no matter what I say I’m going to get trashed and insulted for it. Hope your day is going well.

The comment sections on these websites are cesspools, which has been discussed before, of course its going to be garbage, people can hide even further behind a space where you don't even need an email to comment. Also, comment sections are not the entire wrestling universe. Where as I am more critical of the product, my friend enjoys WWE and has very little complaints, I never attack her for that, I never give her crap for it either, as vice versa. I respect everyone who respects me and the opinions of those around them.

My main issue with you and this post is you trying to invalidate everyone who doesn't agree with a specific storyline because it doesn't line up with yours and thus they are written off as trolls. Troll exist, yes, I'm not saying you haven't been trolled, I see that. I have as well, but not everyone who disagrees is a blatant troll. You as a random person on the internet has no more say than I in what is and is not valid, it varies person to person.

All I am saying is let people have their opinions without you trying to invalidate it because you don't specifically agree. I don't agree with you on much but you are entitled to your opinion and I am not going to try to tell you that it is invalid because it goes against mine.

With that being said, I am done with this topic, it's a waste of time and energy. Have a good day.

Offline

#12 2021-02-22 13:50:51

Y2JFanatic
Member
Registered: 2020-01-15
Posts: 427

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

I'm feeling the Miz's reign won't be a long one, he'll lose it before 'mania pretty quickly. It's setting up for a huge 'mania main event match for the WWE Championship.

Offline

#13 2021-02-22 14:56:14

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 137

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:

I can understand why people don’t like it too and WWE is going to continue to WWE and the fans are part of the reason for that. Like I’ve said when your fanbase complains about literally everything you do your going to stick with your original plans because you know no matter what you do they are going to complain about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but let me ask you this. Does that opinion loose credibility if your a fan that complains about everything WWE does?

No, it doesn't, like you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Does your opinion lose credibly when you agree with everything WWE does? That question sounds kind of dumb, doesn't it? I understand you aren't happy that people disagree with WWE, but it's a reach to say EVERYONE disagrees with EVERYTHING they do, because that simply isn't true. You are not the one lone happy WWE fan, Ryan. People are allowed to like certain parts and dislike other parts. Your opinion is no more valid than mine, or someone who dislikes what happened. It's an opinion, everyone is entitled to it. You don't get to dictate whose is and is not credible, if the person consumes the product and has criticism they are entitled to it, just as you are entitled to enjoy it. We've had this conversation before, stop trying to gatekeep wrestling and being personally insulted when someone isn't a fan of the product or end result of something. This is exactly why you are constantly referred to as a mark and a white knight.

but like I said it’s hard to put any stock in said opinion when you see the same name complaining all the time.

See the same name complaining all the time...... Hmm, I wonder who else I can possibly think of who does that RyanP?

Offline

#14 2021-02-22 15:04:14

Shadow409
Member
Registered: 2020-07-08
Posts: 35

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

RyanP wrote:

At Elimination Chamber Drew McIntyre successfully retained his WWE title in the Elimination Chamber match only to be assaulted by Lashley which led to the Miz cashing in his MITB briefcase and winning the title and go figure the fans are already bitching about it. The fans complain when WWE is being too predictable than when WWE goes unpredictable by having the Miz win the title the fans are still complaining. I don’t understand it. Miz is the hardest worker in the company and one of if not the best on the Mic in the company and yet fans are still gonna complain about him winning the title? Really? Even though he is going to be more than likely a transitional champion. Good for Miz he deserves this. What are y’all’s thoughts on the Miz winning the title and the fan's reactions to it?

"Unpredictable"? You're kidding, right? Earlier in the night, we saw MVP talking to Miz, then Lashley attacks Drew after the Chamber, it was painfully obvious what was about to happen. I don't mind at all though, Miz will make a good champion. I assume he will face Lashley at Fastlane, where Lashley will probably take the title and defend against Drew at Mania, but we shall see.

Offline

#15 2021-02-25 04:23:27

Blazaholic
Member
Registered: 2019-11-22
Posts: 72

Re: The Miz wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber

RyanP wrote:
Blazaholic wrote:

It was the closest thing to a swerve WWE's been able to do in awhile. I don't mind it, especially considering there's a whole other PPV before Mania where he could end up losing it. I could see Drew vs Sheamus for Mania, though they could even try and squeeze Miz in and make it a triple threat. I think it just shakes Raw up a bit, which it really kinda needs. Whether you like Miz or hate Miz he's good on a mic. Half of the stuff he does with Morrison is pretty corny, but Miz strikes gold sometimes. The main event is going to be Roman vs Edge anyways, but if the Universal Championship is going to main event one of the Wrestlemania nights I think they'd need to go with McIntyre vs Sheamus. Say Miz did keep it until Mania though, who would you like to see him go up against?

If Miz were to keep it until Mania then I could see them make it  a fatal 4 way based on what happened at Elimination Chamber. McIntyre vs Miz vs Lashley vs Sheamus.

I could see that. We'll see what happens at Fastlane, or is the WWE championship Triple Threat match supposed to be on Raw? I could definitely see a fatal 4 way happening. I don't think you could build a singles match with the Miz fast enough to get people invested by Mania. Sheamus and McIntyre deserve a payoff at Mania, originally I thought it would have been for the title. It's nice seeing Lashley in the WWE title picture now too and it makes sense that Lashley feels like Miz owes him one since he put the icing on the cake making sure McIntyre was easy pickings for Miz, so putting all 4 in the main event might be the best idea for them.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer