You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-08 22:44:51

HC13 Aries Styles

The Next AEW Cage Match

I guess we can all speculate, and guess what will happen, as I am here....
The first AEW Cage match was in the middle of the Cody Rhodes vs MJF  feud in which Cody faced and beat Wardlow...
It been over a year since AEW had a cage match, so I want to ask who should be the next guys to face off in the confines of a cage????

A few matches I thinking  of  The Young Bucks vs FTR,  Moxley vs Omega,  PAC vs Kenny Omega, the first Women to face off in cage match in AEW Dr Britt Baker vs Hikaru Shida would be a great match with the idea of no interference or very little of such...

#2 2021-02-09 10:06:51

GoodOldPapa

Re: The Next AEW Cage Match

Interestingly no one wins cage matches anymore by climbing over them, and it may be just me, but I think its dumb to have pinfall or submission outcomes in a cage match.  Of those choices id like to see either PAC vs Omega or Britt Baker vs Hikaru Shida.  With Baker, there is a history because her nose got broken in their previous match, causing her to wear the "crimson mask", and this would be her way to get even or pay back Shida

#3 2021-02-09 10:57:56

HC13 Aries Styles

Re: The Next AEW Cage Match

If you go back to the old NWA-WCW Cage matches, it was pinfall or submission....  The old WWWF/WWF rules I believe was escape the cage  through the door or over the top, then they incorpated pinfall and submission sometime in the 1980s..

Anyhow use to be a cage match would be the final battle in long running feud/program... I also thinking of those I mention in the OP  any of them would be great... I would also add Lance Archer and Kenny Omega... There probably several others who would make a interesting match up in  a cage... Next question I would raise if they do have another, should it be on free TV or PPV??

Board footer