You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-30 02:15:34

HC13 Aries Styles

What the possibility we see some new titles in AEW in 2021??

During the Pandemic, which I think was planned for 2020 they debut a belt, but not when they did, it would probably been later in the Summer...  They debuted the TNT Championship- basically a TV title/secondary title... Next they also had a Women's tag tournament with the winners winning "medals".. 
Looking at 2021 there several possibilities  maybe Women's tag titles with a loaded-grow women division right now 14 women is active, with several they also use on AEW Dark as well that have become AEW regulars.... 
Next there have been talk of Trio-Six man tag, esp with groups  in AEW such the Death Triangle, The Elite, Dark Order, Eddie Kingston Family, Team Taz, the Nightmare Family, Inner Circle just to name the multi man teams that such a title could benefit...
A Cruiserweight, or Light Hw, or X Division style title?   Plenty of guys such a title would benefit, from Orange Cassidy, Sammy Guevara,  Matt Sydal, Rey Fenix, and  several others??
What do y'all think, what title should be consider or added next to this growing company????

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2021-01-30 12:18:16)

#2 2021-01-30 14:44:59

RyanP

Re: What the possibility we see some new titles in AEW in 2021??

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:

During the Pandemic, which I think was planned for 2020 they debut a belt, but not when they did, it would probably been later in the Summer...  They debuted the TNT Championship- basically a TV title/secondary title... Next they also had a Women's tag tournament with the winners winning "medals".. 
Looking at 2021 there several possibilities  maybe Women's tag titles with a loaded-grow women division right now 14 women is active, with several they also use on AEW Dark as well that have become AEW regulars.... 
Next there have been talk of Trio-Six man tag, esp with groups  in AEW such the Death Triangle, The Elite, Dark Order, Eddie Kingston Family, Team Taz, the Nightmare Family, Inner Circle just to name the multi man teams that such a title could benefit...
A Cruiserweight, or Light Hw, or X Division style title?   Plenty of guys such a title would benefit, from Orange Cassidy, Sammy Guevara,  Matt Sydal, Rey Fenix, and  several others??
What do y'all think, what title should be consider or added next to this growing company????

All of those titles would be interesting options for AEW however they need to be cautious as to how many titles they have because if they bring in too many titles then they should/would be subjected to the same level of criticism WWE has received over the years for having too many titles. Bottom line is any of those titles would work for AEW but if they debut too many new titles then like it or not they are going to suffer the same criticism WWE gets for having too many titles.

#3 2021-01-30 16:15:57

HC13 Aries Styles

RyanP wrote:
HC13 Aries Styles wrote:

All of those titles would be interesting options for AEW however they need to be cautious as to how many titles they have because if they bring in too many titles then they should/would be subjected to the same level of criticism WWE has received over the years for having too many titles. Bottom line is any of those titles would work for AEW but if they debut too many new titles then like it or not they are going to suffer the same criticism WWE gets for having too many titles.

So far they have spread things out when introducing championships the AEW World, and the Women's title was the first two, the tag titles was for when they got on TV....    They waited for the TNT title til the middle of 2020, May 2020....
I think introducing one title(s) per year, is enough right now  Probably wait til May again this year around the time of Double or Nothing....

#4 2021-01-30 17:40:48

RyanP

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
RyanP wrote:
HC13 Aries Styles wrote:

So far they have spread things out when introducing championships the AEW World, and the Women's title was the first two, the tag titles was for when they got on TV....    They waited for the TNT title til the middle of 2020, May 2020....
I think introducing one title(s) per year, is enough right now  Probably wait til May again this year around the time of Double or Nothing....

In my opinion it’s not even about when or how often they debut a new title it’s the fact that at some point they’re going to reach a point where there are too many titles and not enough tv time to justify their existence and if that happens then you know that AEW is going to receive a healthy dose of criticism from wrestling fans. Look at how much criticism WWE has gotten over the years for having too many titles. Bottom line is that new titles while good in theory can sometimes backfire if they don’t get the proper exposure that fans expect.

#5 2021-01-30 18:07:14

ilyem

RyanP wrote:
HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
RyanP wrote:

In my opinion it’s not even about when or how often they debut a new title it’s the fact that at some point they’re going to reach a point where there are too many titles and not enough tv time to justify their existence and if that happens then you know that AEW is going to receive a healthy dose of criticism from wrestling fans. Look at how much criticism WWE has gotten over the years for having too many titles. Bottom line is that new titles while good in theory can sometimes backfire if they don’t get the proper exposure that fans expect.

They currently have 4 titles, all of which are needed. World title, TNT championship, tags, and women’a championship.

They are getting a third hour of tv time with their newer show. Adding 1-2 more titles wouldn’t be that big of a deal for them and I don’t believe they are looking to add all that many more titles. The TNT title was needed, they needed an actual mid card title. The women’s division doesn’t need anymore until they get the division to an acceptable standard

But the reason WWE is criticized most of the time about the amount of titles is because they don’t utilize them the way they should not because of the amount of them. Ex 24/7 and the tag titles.

That being said, Trios titles would be interesting, possibly a dark title that’s only defended on dark, maybe another mid card title since they have a lot of midcard talent. I would love a women’s tag titles but the women’s division needs to go through a lot of improvements before another belt is added to it.

#6 2021-01-30 19:08:35

RyanP

ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:
HC13 Aries Styles wrote:

They currently have 4 titles, all of which are needed. World title, TNT championship, tags, and women’a championship.

They are getting a third hour of tv time with their newer show. Adding 1-2 more titles wouldn’t be that big of a deal for them and I don’t believe they are looking to add all that many more titles. The TNT title was needed, they needed an actual mid card title. The women’s division doesn’t need anymore until they get the division to an acceptable standard

But the reason WWE is criticized most of the time about the amount of titles is because they don’t utilize them the way they should not because of the amount of them. Ex 24/7 and the tag titles.

That being said, Trios titles would be interesting, possibly a dark title that’s only defended on dark, maybe another mid card title since they have a lot of midcard talent. I would love a women’s tag titles but the women’s division needs to go through a lot of improvements before another belt is added to it.

You are correct about the reason WWE gets criticized for having too many titles however I do have a question for you or any other AEW fan. Do they really need any new titles right now considering the partnership with Impact is more than likely going to lead to some Impact championship matches on AEW programming? Don’t get me wrong the suggestions made on here for new titles for AEW would work but I just think they need to be careful about over saturating their product with too many titles especially if their corporate partnerships are going to lead to said partners titles being defended on AEW programming.

#7 2021-01-30 23:00:15

HC13 Aries Styles

RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:

You are correct about the reason WWE gets criticized for having too many titles however I do have a question for you or any other AEW fan. Do they really need any new titles right now considering the partnership with Impact is more than likely going to lead to some Impact championship matches on AEW programming? Don’t get me wrong the suggestions made on here for new titles for AEW would work but I just think they need to be careful about over saturating their product with too many titles especially if their corporate partnerships are going to lead to said partners titles being defended on AEW programming.

Like I said one title/titles per year to introduce esp with the 3rd hour of programing and 2 hours of AEW Dark, and talk of possible specials....  With the Impact partnership, I'm not sure  how far they going to take it with titles being defended (as of right now only the  Impact tag titles the Good Brothers is defending against Private Party) don't think the Good Brothers will lose them, but then again they could, but we shall see??
Right now I think a Trios title would be idea, esp for how-ever long the deal cross-promotional feud with Impact is...  Could see several Impact teams involved???

#8 2021-01-31 12:52:59

ilyem

RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:

I don’t think they need to introduce all the titles they might or might not be planning now or even in the near future. Overall, if I am talking future, I’m thinking long term of the next 2-3 years, once the new show is added and they have more sorted out. If they were to add Trios titles end of 2021 or sometime in 2022, I feel that’s a decent time line.

I wouldn’t mind them introducing an AEW Dark title because they have so much talent we don’t see a lot on the main show on dark, it could be another mid card title that is only seen on dark but gives a bit more umph to the guys they eventually bring up but that I don’t see happening any time soon.

If they were to introduce 1 or 2 titles within the next 2-3 year and were spread out enough, I don’t see that being an over abundance of titles especially if they 3rd hour of tv time is up and running and Dark is more prominent.

As for the Impact cross over, we might see a champion vs champion match and something like Private Party winning their tags for a short period of time but I really don’t think we will see anyone from their company winning AEW main title and vice versa. So I don’t think that will middle up too much.

Board footer