You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-22 23:02:49

HC13 Aries Styles

Sting's first AEW match

So it  was announced Sting and Darby Allin will tag up against  Brian Cage and Ricky Starks in street fight at Revolution in February....
Several thoughts here, I as most know Cage can be sloppy in doing his moves, but also have to take in consideration Sting wouldn't taken the match if he wasn't 100% about who  he's working with will take care of him in and out of the ring... Then one have to think and wonder what if the inevitable  happens Sting takes a rough bump...  Still think Sting wouldn't go into it if he wasn't sure of the guys he will be working with...   Could see where they may find a way to take Sting out early in the match,  have him lay around hurting and punish Darby, and towards the finish have Sting make the save with several of his classic moves Stinger Splash, Death Drop,  and Scorpion Death Lock...
Also note the idea it will be "cinematic match" I take with some props and maybe even taped ahead???

What do y'all think of the match, and what could be the outcome????

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2021-01-23 00:25:20)

#2 2021-01-23 10:19:42

HeelKing

Re: Sting's first AEW match

My feeling is it'll be heavily produced, and it'll go somewhat similar to what you laid out with some type of protective spot taking Sting out for the bulk of the match. He'll come back toward the end and do his thing, fans will get to see what they want, Sting & Darby stand tall, and it's a feel good moment for the crowd. There are a ton of ways Team Taz can get their heat back afterwards. I don't think this match needs to be a show stealer, either. AEW will do more than enough with the other matches that this can be allowed to be more about the story, I'm sure.

Board footer