You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-15 15:15:16

Y2JFanatic

Eric Bischoff, biggest douche in wrestling, so done with him...

Am I the only one getting turned off by Eric's negativity on his podcast with "83 Weeks"??? I  used to be a huge fan of that podcast. Used to love it 'cause Eric gives great insight but nowadays, he's just bitching and bitching and bitching... and his nonstop Hulk Hogan ass-kissing is getting a bit tiresome too. For the most part, though, I'm mostly turned off by his nonstop bashing at Dave Meltzer... it's just getting annoying.

For that reason, I haven't been listening to "83 Weeks" and just unsubscribed to that podcast today. Bitching about the "dirt sheets" in which he calls them and bashing Dave Meltzer. Sure, I get that Meltzer isn't the greatest guy in the world but the hateful obsession toward that man is getting tiresome.

I love how Eric claims he doesn't "hate" Dave Meltzer but keep in mind this is the same guy that keeps calling Dave "a piece of garbage".

Eric's always been a bit of a douche and I can now see why he was fired from WWE in real life. They probably didn't like him.

I know a lot of you still like Eric and respect him 'cause of his "brutal honesty"... but truthfully he isn't. Eric is only a douche and just bitter. I try to listen to "83 Weeks" but each time, he just bashes Meltzer throughout most of it. It's like, my god, talk about something else... how about something positive?

This is why I've been listening to Bruce Pritchard's podcast "Something to Wrestle" more. Yeah, Bruce is no Dave Meltzer fan either but at least Bruce is not obsessed with Meltzer like Eric is. Plus, Bruce is way more entertaining and way more insightful.

Thoughts???

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2021-01-15 15:15:46)

#2 2021-01-15 16:18:22

GoodOldPapa

Re: Eric Bischoff, biggest douche in wrestling, so done with him...

Its a good thing I don't listen to podcasts.  I've never been a big fan of Bischoff, especially after how he treated Flair in the late 90s.  He claims to know so much about wrestling, why doesn't he just open a promotion of his own?

#3 2021-01-15 20:43:39

Shadow409

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Am I the only one getting turned off by Eric's negativity on his podcast with "83 Weeks"??? I  used to be a huge fan of that podcast. Used to love it 'cause Eric gives great insight but nowadays, he's just bitching and bitching and bitching... and his nonstop Hulk Hogan ass-kissing is getting a bit tiresome too. For the most part, though, I'm mostly turned off by his nonstop bashing at Dave Meltzer... it's just getting annoying.

For that reason, I haven't been listening to "83 Weeks" and just unsubscribed to that podcast today. Bitching about the "dirt sheets" in which he calls them and bashing Dave Meltzer. Sure, I get that Meltzer isn't the greatest guy in the world but the hateful obsession toward that man is getting tiresome.

So what exactly is the issue? Everyone bashes Meltzer because Meltzer is a joke or a "journalist." He covers his ass by saying stuff like "Plans can always change" but in reality, he doesn't seem to have any more knowledge than you or I do as long as we read the sites. Dave used to have a lot of insight, but he's been caught making shit up before mulitple times.

Plus you're bitching about Eric bitching about dirt sheet while bashing him and his podcast on a dirt sheet, do you not see the hypocrisy of that?

#4 2021-01-15 23:24:11

HC13 Aries Styles

It's always been a love-hate relationship with the "dirt sheets" as most in the wrestling business calls them from the newsletters of the 80s and 90s to the internet era we live in.....   The thing is about most Wrestling News sites, they go off by rumors or what they know that AEW, WWE, Impact, New Japan, NWA and so on let most know...

With most of the pod-casts out there, from Bischoff to Pritchard to Cornette to Arn and JR and so on.... They have as much of right to talk about what  they think esp they either still involved or from a distance still active for the most part...

#5 2021-01-24 20:56:45

WrestlingExpert

I like "83 Weeks" and I've never really had much of a problem with Bischoff. I think he's fairly honest, and quite frankly, I don't mind it when he calls out dirt sheet writers for reporting something that he knows to be false. Bischoff is alright by me.

Board footer