You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-11 12:28:44

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 360

The Bella Twins want one more run in the WWE

The Bella Twins have stated to Access Hollywood that would like one more run in the WWE this time with their sites set on the Women’s Tag Titles. I don’t see an issue with this especially if WWE wants  to establish teams in their women’s tag division. The Bella Twins would elevate that tag division due to how big their brand is and because of how popular they are among the WWE Universe. Now I’m not saying everyone likes The Bellas but they have a solid fanbase that is much bigger than some fans want to admit which would help elevate the women’s tag division. So the question(s) are simple. Should the Bella Twins come back for one more run at the tag titles? Would their presence help or hurt the women’s tag team titles? On a side note I decided to bring this topic to the forum because I know that the comment section on the article about this is going to turn into a cesspool of slut-shaming B.S. and since apparently I’m a cancer and very toxic(anonymous UK and Australian trolls words not mine) in the comment sections of this site(Because I’m a WWE fan who defends the product I watch and the superstars I like) I’m gonna stick to the forum on this topic. Have a nice day everyone and give me your thoughts on this topic.

Offline

#2 2020-11-11 13:35:21

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 118

Re: The Bella Twins want one more run in the WWE

If the Bella's came back as a tag team and wanted to run as a tag team, I don't think it would be bad, however, I do not think we need more runs with Nikki or Brie has champion. I don't dislike the Bellas, I was happy when they began to improve and by the end of their last runs in WWE they were both pretty solid, and I enjoyed them. Nikki Bellas last Diva's title run always put a bad taste in my mouth because WWE made it glaringly obvious that they did that so the longest reigning champ would no longer be AJ Lee and I think that always sort of tainted Nikki's run, especially since I believe she lost it when she was two days past AJ's run.

If they come back as a tag team, go for it, they came in as tag and I think them going out as a tag would be a full circle ending to their careers. I just no longer think that we need 'veterans' running divisions anymore. I would prefer them bring their current talent up and give them chances as opposed to throwing a belt on Nikki or Brie for the hell of it, and while they've got a fanbase its not a Sasha or Becky like fan base so I think there would be more backlash if they were to push them over current talent that hasn't gotten a shot yet. If they come back for one more run, doesn't bother me as long as it makes sense and to me right now the only thing that would make sense would be if they came back to win the tags because I don't believe they've had them before and it would be a good full circle ending to both of their in ring careers.

Offline

#3 2020-11-11 14:15:12

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 360

Re: The Bella Twins want one more run in the WWE

ilyem wrote:

If the Bella's came back as a tag team and wanted to run as a tag team, I don't think it would be bad, however, I do not think we need more runs with Nikki or Brie has champion. I don't dislike the Bellas, I was happy when they began to improve and by the end of their last runs in WWE they were both pretty solid, and I enjoyed them. Nikki Bellas last Diva's title run always put a bad taste in my mouth because WWE made it glaringly obvious that they did that so the longest reigning champ would no longer be AJ Lee and I think that always sort of tainted Nikki's run, especially since I believe she lost it when she was two days past AJ's run.

If they come back as a tag team, go for it, they came in as tag and I think them going out as a tag would be a full circle ending to their careers. I just no longer think that we need 'veterans' running divisions anymore. I would prefer them bring their current talent up and give them chances as opposed to throwing a belt on Nikki or Brie for the hell of it, and while they've got a fanbase its not a Sasha or Becky like fan base so I think there would be more backlash if they were to push them over current talent that hasn't gotten a shot yet. If they come back for one more run, doesn't bother me as long as it makes sense and to me right now the only thing that would make sense would be if they came back to win the tags because I don't believe they've had them before and it would be a good full circle ending to both of their in ring careers.

I agree with you that if they came back as a tag team and went out as a tag team then I think that would be fine and would bring their career s full circle. I also don’t think there would be as much backlash if they came back as a tag team as opposed to Nikki or Brie coming back for a singles run. I also think they have a bigger fanbase then what you think and I’m not trying to start anything with you by stating that but I’ve seen the online presence of their fanbase and it is a big fanbase and part of the reason for that is that because of their brand their fanbase goes beyond the wrestling world. The Bella’s get a lot of unjustified hate from wrestling fans and some of that hate is very disrespectful and disturbing.

Last edited by RyanP (2020-11-11 14:18:04)

Offline

#4 2020-11-11 14:55:48

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 118

Re: The Bella Twins want one more run in the WWE

RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:

If the Bella's came back as a tag team and wanted to run as a tag team, I don't think it would be bad, however, I do not think we need more runs with Nikki or Brie has champion. I don't dislike the Bellas, I was happy when they began to improve and by the end of their last runs in WWE they were both pretty solid, and I enjoyed them. Nikki Bellas last Diva's title run always put a bad taste in my mouth because WWE made it glaringly obvious that they did that so the longest reigning champ would no longer be AJ Lee and I think that always sort of tainted Nikki's run, especially since I believe she lost it when she was two days past AJ's run.

If they come back as a tag team, go for it, they came in as tag and I think them going out as a tag would be a full circle ending to their careers. I just no longer think that we need 'veterans' running divisions anymore. I would prefer them bring their current talent up and give them chances as opposed to throwing a belt on Nikki or Brie for the hell of it, and while they've got a fanbase its not a Sasha or Becky like fan base so I think there would be more backlash if they were to push them over current talent that hasn't gotten a shot yet. If they come back for one more run, doesn't bother me as long as it makes sense and to me right now the only thing that would make sense would be if they came back to win the tags because I don't believe they've had them before and it would be a good full circle ending to both of their in ring careers.

I agree with you that if they came back as a tag team and went out as a tag team then I think that would be fine and would bring their career s full circle. I also don’t think there would be as much backlash if they came back as a tag team as opposed to Nikki or Brie coming back for a singles run. I also think they have a bigger fanbase then what you think and I’m not trying to start anything with you by stating that but I’ve seen the online presence of their fanbase and it is a big fanbase and part of the reason for that is that because of their brand their fanbase goes beyond the wrestling world. The Bella’s get a lot of unjustified hate from wrestling fans and some of that hate is very disrespectful and disturbing.

It's not that I don't think they have a fanbase, they definitely do, but their brand was more built due to Total Diva/Total Bella and modeling over being professional wrestlers, and this is no hate to them because they've definitely improved but their run before they came back when Total Diva's were becoming a thing they were not very good wrestlers(to their defense that was due to the time where WWE was more concerned with appearance in the women's division over wrestling ability so the majority of female talent weren't the best wrestlers), so it was the show and being John Cena's and Daniel Bryan's girlfriends at the time that was the push for them to get better which ultimately was good for them because when the became better wrestlers people couldn't say it was because of who they were with that got them where were at the time. They have wrestling fans there's no doubt about that, but they aren't Becky sized over or Sasha sized over within the WWE fandom and that wasn't something I was trying to start a fight over I am just stating what I know to be true.  They do get a lot of unjust hate and slut shaming that is something I agree with, with the majority of the division. Nothing I am saying is hating on the Bellas, personally I like them both and wish them all the best but being honest them coming back probably isn't gonna go over the way the want either way, but a tag team return I do believe will be the most accepted one. I'd be interested to see when they plan on this happening if it is going to happen because both of them have newborns right now so I doubt it will be any time in the immediate future.

Offline

#5 2020-11-11 15:42:04

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 360

Re: The Bella Twins want one more run in the WWE

ilyem wrote:
RyanP wrote:
ilyem wrote:

If the Bella's came back as a tag team and wanted to run as a tag team, I don't think it would be bad, however, I do not think we need more runs with Nikki or Brie has champion. I don't dislike the Bellas, I was happy when they began to improve and by the end of their last runs in WWE they were both pretty solid, and I enjoyed them. Nikki Bellas last Diva's title run always put a bad taste in my mouth because WWE made it glaringly obvious that they did that so the longest reigning champ would no longer be AJ Lee and I think that always sort of tainted Nikki's run, especially since I believe she lost it when she was two days past AJ's run.

If they come back as a tag team, go for it, they came in as tag and I think them going out as a tag would be a full circle ending to their careers. I just no longer think that we need 'veterans' running divisions anymore. I would prefer them bring their current talent up and give them chances as opposed to throwing a belt on Nikki or Brie for the hell of it, and while they've got a fanbase its not a Sasha or Becky like fan base so I think there would be more backlash if they were to push them over current talent that hasn't gotten a shot yet. If they come back for one more run, doesn't bother me as long as it makes sense and to me right now the only thing that would make sense would be if they came back to win the tags because I don't believe they've had them before and it would be a good full circle ending to both of their in ring careers.

I agree with you that if they came back as a tag team and went out as a tag team then I think that would be fine and would bring their career s full circle. I also don’t think there would be as much backlash if they came back as a tag team as opposed to Nikki or Brie coming back for a singles run. I also think they have a bigger fanbase then what you think and I’m not trying to start anything with you by stating that but I’ve seen the online presence of their fanbase and it is a big fanbase and part of the reason for that is that because of their brand their fanbase goes beyond the wrestling world. The Bella’s get a lot of unjustified hate from wrestling fans and some of that hate is very disrespectful and disturbing.

It's not that I don't think they have a fanbase, they definitely do, but their brand was more built due to Total Diva/Total Bella and modeling over being professional wrestlers, and this is no hate to them because they've definitely improved but their run before they came back when Total Diva's were becoming a thing they were not very good wrestlers(to their defense that was due to the time where WWE was more concerned with appearance in the women's division over wrestling ability so the majority of female talent weren't the best wrestlers), so it was the show and being John Cena's and Daniel Bryan's girlfriends at the time that was the push for them to get better which ultimately was good for them because when the became better wrestlers people couldn't say it was because of who they were with that got them where were at the time. They have wrestling fans there's no doubt about that, but they aren't Becky sized over or Sasha sized over within the WWE fandom and that wasn't something I was trying to start a fight over I am just stating what I know to be true.  They do get a lot of unjust hate and slut shaming that is something I agree with, with the majority of the division. Nothing I am saying is hating on the Bellas, personally I like them both and wish them all the best but being honest them coming back probably isn't gonna go over the way the want either way, but a tag team return I do believe will be the most accepted one. I'd be interested to see when they plan on this happening if it is going to happen because both of them have newborns right now so I doubt it will be any time in the immediate future.

Yeah I see your point about them not being Becky/Sasha over and I wasn’t trying to start a fight about the size of their fanbase either it’s just I’ve seen so many people hating on them claiming nobody likes them that it kinda sets me off(even though it shouldn’t) when someone questions the size of their fanbase which you didn’t and I do apologize if I came off a little defensive about that. I agree that it would be a ways off if they do because of their newborns and I’m also wondering if they will medically clear Nikki or not because she has a cyst on her neck that prior to her pregnancy kept her from getting back in the ring. All in all I would like to see them come back for a tag title run to bring their career to a full circle.

Offline

#6 2020-11-11 18:00:21

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 131

Re: The Bella Twins want one more run in the WWE

Personally I do not want them coming back, even if just for a tag team title run. I would like WWE to build on current and future/development wrestlers rather than keep bringing back talent from years gone.

Offline

#7 2020-11-11 18:09:45

Blazaholic
Member
Registered: 2019-11-22
Posts: 63

Re: The Bella Twins want one more run in the WWE

If Goldberg could get two Universal Title runs well into his 50's then you can definitely see WWE putting the titles on the Bella's. Their ringwork improved a lot before they left, and they could definitely work longer paced matches. If they were to win those titles just to later on put some other team over, especially at Mania that could be a great rub on some newer, younger talent.

Offline

#8 2020-11-12 13:19:10

Tjm1963
Member
From: Maine, usa
Registered: 2019-11-22
Posts: 18

Re: The Bella Twins want one more run in the WWE

Blazaholic wrote:

If Goldberg could get two Universal Title runs well into his 50's then you can definitely see WWE putting the titles on the Bella's. Their ringwork improved a lot before they left, and they could definitely work longer paced matches. If they were to win those titles just to later on put some other team over, especially at Mania that could be a great rub on some newer, younger talent.

I agree to give them a shot at tag then help a younger team get over  would be the best use for them

Offline

#9 2020-11-14 13:49:09

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 162

Re: The Bella Twins want one more run in the WWE

I'm indifferent on the Bellas. WWE could use some female tag teams, so I wouldn't hate it if they came back for a run there. It'd probably be easier on both of them physically, and they have enough name value to elevate some other teams. I'd only be irked if they brought them in to throw a single women's title on them. WWE has talented women struggling for time and stories as is. Don't push them down the ladder any more.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer