You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-11 16:58:36

HC13 Aries Styles

Eric Bischoff - One time deal or should AEW bring him back??

How do y'all feel about Eric Bischoff, would y'all want to see him return back to TV working for AEW or any other wrestling companies???
I feel he did a great job playing a snarky debate host with Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy... Probably would been better if a live  audience was there, esp with the pop Bischoff would had gotten???   Anyhow I feel Bischoff has so much to offer, but  too many people blame him for things that was beyond his control when WCW closed and sold to the  then (WWF/now WWE)...

#2 2020-08-11 17:40:13

Y2JFanatic

Re: Eric Bischoff - One time deal or should AEW bring him back??

I haven't been watching AEW (I stopped) but I think Eric is done playing the heel authority figure type of role 'cause he has done that for a long time in WCW and WWE as General Manager. I don't think you'll see Eric in that type of role in AEW 'cause I remember him saying on 83 Weeks that he'll never play that role again. That's probably why he took the debate moderator role 'cause it was different than authority figure type of role. He said on his podcast that he would work for AEW one day depending on what role he would take part in.

#3 2020-08-12 12:30:47

HeelKing

I thought he did a great job with the role he was given last week. It was also really cool to see him back on TNT again. I'd be all for some more sporadic appearances like that from him to pop a rating here and there. I don't know if I could see a long-term fit for him, though. He said on his own podcast AEW doesn't need his creative input, and he doesn't want to do that again. The AEW announce team is strong. I like they don't have an on-air authority figure. Maybe a managerial role, perhaps? I just struggle to find the fit.

#4 2020-08-12 13:47:34

HC13 Aries Styles

HeelKing wrote:

I thought he did a great job with the role he was given last week. It was also really cool to see him back on TNT again. I'd be all for some more sporadic appearances like that from him to pop a rating here and there. I don't know if I could see a long-term fit for him, though. He said on his own podcast AEW doesn't need his creative input, and he doesn't want to do that again. The AEW announce team is strong. I like they don't have an on-air authority figure. Maybe a managerial role, perhaps? I just struggle to find the fit.

I think his next appearance will have to have a live audience (rather later this year or next year), I would wonder what kinda of pop he would get showing up rather announced or un-announced?? If Bischoff returns it have to be something he can take and run with it..  Maybe a Spoke-person for AEW, maybe rep the company right before big PPVs or  event build-ups??  Then yes maybe a manager role too??

#5 2020-08-13 08:33:56

HeelKing

I'd agree, his next appearance should be in front of a live crowd. They'd do well to advertise it, too. He'd make a good spokesperson for the company on some go-home shows before a PPV. I could also see him as an 'agent' of sorts for some talent that maybe struggles on the microphone a bit. Or- if they turn Omega- does that ever seem like a perfect fit. Kenny can cut a promo, but he's naturally just a quirky type of guy. If you put him with Bischoff, you could create something with a Hollywood Hogan-esque vibe to it.

Board footer