You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-28 12:57:15

RyanP

Where should Tessa Blanchard go next?

Tessa was just recently released by Impact Wrestling so it’s time to let the speculation of where she will go next to begin. I think it’s going to be AEW. She can walk in the door at AEW and be catapulted to the top of their women’s division right away whereas with WWE she’ll have some deeper women’s divisions to deal with. That wasn’t intended to be an insult to the AEW women’s division but merely an observation. One thing I will guarantee is the fan reaction to the signing. Most fans AEW or WWE will talk about how awesome she would be in the women’s division of their favorite company until she signs with the competition then they will say she was never good enough to sign with AEW/WWE to begin with and let’s be honest here that is just the typical wrestling fan reaction to big signings these days. So where do y’all think Tessa Blanchard is going next?

#2 2020-06-28 13:20:12

MaskedMadness

Re: Where should Tessa Blanchard go next?

Nowhere. She's a terrible person with a ton of personal issues from what has been reported by a lot of people. She needs to get her head straight

#3 2020-06-28 13:43:43

RyanP

MaskedMadness wrote:

Nowhere. She's a terrible person with a ton of personal issues from what has been reported by a lot of people. She needs to get her head straight

That’s a fair point and on a personal level I do believe she does have issues to work out before signing with another company but I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that with all the accusations being thrown lately that A LOT of fans on wrestling forums/comment sections have preaching innocent until proven guilty with facts. Like I said in my personal opinion I believe she has issues that she has to work out but the other stuff I mentioned is also accurate to an extent too.

#4 2020-06-28 14:55:15

Tommy

I honestly see her going to WWE because they've always been most likely to look past someone's bs. I'm not sure how the girls in AEW feel about her or AEW as a whole since she ruffled lots of feathers however I think she's better suited and more needed in AEW because let's face it, their women's division is a joke and they could use someone like Tessa. Let's see if Tully can pull some strings. You know though that the higher ups in WWE are intrigued by a potential Charlotte Flair vs. Tessa Blanchard match up.

#5 2020-06-28 16:30:29

MaskedMadness

RyanP wrote:
MaskedMadness wrote:

That’s a fair point and on a personal level I do believe she does have issues to work out before signing with another company but I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that with all the accusations being thrown lately that A LOT of fans on wrestling forums/comment sections have preaching innocent until proven guilty with facts. Like I said in my personal opinion I believe she has issues that she has to work out but the other stuff I mentioned is also accurate to an extent too.

To answer the question you proposed, she should go to WWE over AEW. During a pandemic, the company that's been around for several decades would be the safe choice IMO. Plus, they'd immediately make her a star, likely to feud with Charlotte.

#6 2020-06-28 16:51:55

Aj29051994

I agree with the comments that have already been posted, she does need to massively sort herself out and until she does, she should not be going to any wrestling company. But will she likely end up in either WWE or AEW? Yes I can see that happening quite soon. The women’s division in AEW is in need of something big to shake it up as the women’s division in WWE is miles ahead of AEW, Tessa could possibly do that for them. If she was to go to WWE, I could see her bypassing NXT and very quickly being in matches against Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha, Becky when/if she comes back. Personally I feel she will end up in WWE.

Last edited by Aj29051994 (2020-06-28 16:53:20)

#7 2020-06-29 09:12:44

HeelKing

The best fit for her, in terms of depth, would be AEW. With both Baker and Statlander out with injuries, and Bea not really in the picture, the name power on the women's side of things is a bit thin right now. I'm not sure they'll pull the trigger on her, though- which I understand.

WWE might be more willing to give her a chance, and I honestly think she'll end up there. They can put her into some lower profile programs for awhile, and see if she has her $*!* together. If she does, they'll hit a gold mine. If not, they probably wouldn't perceive it to be a big loss. They have so much depth, they could easily pivot.

The best thing for Tessa would probably be to step away a bit though and rededicate herself. I know she was technically fired from Impact; but being honest, she quit on that company. What's worse is it wasn't as if she was in some awful program, or just spinning her wheels. They made her their World Champion. How many women can say that? Yet she can't be bothered to film a few promos, and send them in? Of course you're going to be fired, and you should be. She's just not trustworthy right now, and any promotion should have major pause before giving her the ball again.

#8 2020-07-06 22:37:51

Mr5150

MaskedMadness wrote:

so true

#9 2020-07-06 22:40:54

Mr5150

RyanP wrote:
MaskedMadness wrote:

so true and great post

#10 2020-07-06 22:46:34

Mr5150

if she wants to show her talent go to aew if she wants money and spotlight go to wwe

#11 2020-07-28 14:09:59

HC13 Aries Styles

Can and Could see her ending up in either the WWE or AEW....
Right now I think AEW with her father being there, may be a better fit and more of a chance to stand out....
As for the WWE, she may or may not stand out there... Plus can and could offer fresh feuds for Sasha, and Baley and for Charlotte when she returns??

#12 2020-07-28 14:16:39

HC13 Aries Styles

Mr5150 wrote:

if she wants to show her talent go to aew if she wants money and spotlight go to wwe

I think both companies she can and could show her talent and be in the spotlight (for surely AEW with other then Brit Baker, Brandi, Allie, and Shida)....  She would probably be one of the top 5 women of the company.... And I'm sure AEW would give her a big contract....
As for the WWE (right now it looks like the spotlight is limited  on Bayley, Sasha, Askua, Nia Jax, Natayla, Nikki Cross, Naomi, Mandy Rose, Lacey Evans,  the Iconics,  and  Charlotte when she returns, Becky if and when she returns next year, and any NXT stars they call up) ....   
Like I said I think she can do it all in both companies, but which one would she choose??

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2020-07-28 17:44:47)

#13 2020-07-28 16:48:38

GoodOldPapa

Right now its hard to say.  The situation with the way she left Impact needs to be in the rear view mirror a little while longer before she shows up anywhere, because no matter where it would leave a bad taste in the women's wrestlers that are there and have been the whole time with AEW and WWE because ultimately someone will lose their spot to make room for her.  It would be a bad look from WWE standpoint because they've released at least 30 wrestlers since mid April, cant seem to come to a long term deal with Rey Mysterio, and barely use 50% of the wrestlers that are there.  If she went to AEW, people will say she got there because of her Dad, plus any additional pushes.  I'm not sure either one is a good look for her right now, plus her fiancé Daga is still under contract to Impact.

#14 2020-09-20 01:19:34

mkohn

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Tessa Blanchard is an American professional wrestler signed to Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide and Women of Wrestling.  So it would seem she's not going to either WWE or AEW.  She signed with Lucha Libre.  I hope she gets her shit together and flies right.  I think she needs to let some time lapse before signing with either WWE or AEW.  Fly under the radar until all the problems she's had die down.  Then maybe she can sign with AEW or WWE.

Board footer