You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-01 14:47:25

Tommy

Most Overrated Performer

There's a long list of in ring performers that people consider the best in the world such as Kenny Omega, AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan just to name a few. In your opinion who do you think is overrated in the sense where people within the IWC think so highly of him? For me personally I'd go with Kenny Omega. I'd like to hear who you all think.

#2 2020-06-01 16:34:49

RyanP

Re: Most Overrated Performer

That’s an interesting question because obviously AEW fans are going to say their top guys are the best and not overrated and WWE fans will do the same with their top talent. That said I’ve gotta with Jon Moxley here. When he was Dean Ambrose in the WWE the IWC didn’t give a crap about him but as soon as he left and joined NJPW/AEW they started going on about how he is a main event talent and should be pushed as such. So for that reason I think Jon Moxley is the most overrated performer.

#3 2020-06-01 17:05:53

Tommy

RyanP wrote:

That’s an interesting question because obviously AEW fans are going to say their top guys are the best and not overrated and WWE fans will do the same with their top talent. That said I’ve gotta with Jon Moxley here. When he was Dean Ambrose in the WWE the IWC didn’t give a crap about him but as soon as he left and joined NJPW/AEW they started going on about how he is a main event talent and should be pushed as such. So for that reason I think Jon Moxley is the most overrated performer.

Just like AJ Styles. It seems like when he joined WWE people turned on him as a in ring performer. But you're right about Mox/Ambrose. People hated on him as Dean Ambrose but love him now. That said I was always a fan and still am of Ambrose/Moxley.

#4 2020-06-01 18:07:47

TripleT

So RyanP already knows what AEW and WWE fans are going to say? Really? How about speak for yourself and not others fans, right? I was going to mention Horoshi Tanahashi, as I have had great back and forth arguments with the fans who used to be on this site, but just because I'm an AEW fan or someone is a WWE fan, you already know what we are going to say.... Unbelievable.

#5 2020-06-01 20:04:52

MaskedMadness

Personally, I've never seen anything in Kenny Omega either. His work looks too choreographed for my taste.

As for a WWE name, I'll say Bray Wyatt. Ive really enjoyed his creativity in his characters, but never been crazy about his in ring ability.

#6 2020-06-01 20:15:47

RyanP

TripleT wrote:

So RyanP already knows what AEW and WWE fans are going to say? Really? How about speak for yourself and not others fans, right? I was going to mention Horoshi Tanahashi, as I have had great back and forth arguments with the fans who used to be on this site, but just because I'm an AEW fan or someone is a WWE fan, you already know what we are going to say.... Unbelievable.

All due respect TripleT 9/10 AEW fans comment exactly how I said they would in my original comment. You want proof? Look at the comment sections on this or any other wrestling website. The majority of AEW fans believe their show is the best and can do no wrong hence the reason I said AEW fans are going to say their top talent isn’t overrated and it’s the same thing with WWE fans too. I’m simply making an observation based on what I read on the forum and what I read in the comment sections of various wrestling sites.

#7 2020-06-01 20:29:15

RyanP

Tommy wrote:
RyanP wrote:

Just like AJ Styles. It seems like when he joined WWE people turned on him as a in ring performer. But you're right about Mox/Ambrose. People hated on him as Dean Ambrose but love him now. That said I was always a fan and still am of Ambrose/Moxley.

I agree with you about AJ Styles and I’m also a fan of Mox/Ambrose too but I just find the whole we don’t give a crap about a wrestler when they’re in WWE but as soon as leave WWE there the best wrestler on the planet thing that IWC does to be ridiculous in my opinion.

#8 2020-06-01 21:40:37

andrewblaze15

I'm gonna go with Shayna Baszler. ever since her debut with WWE, She has been a dominant superstar, but where I giver her flack is that I see no Charisma from her at all. I've watched superstars with no talent have more charisma than her. I get bored watching a Shayna Baszler match.

#9 2020-06-02 17:09:43

HeelKing

RyanP wrote:

Moxley is far from overrated. The guy was criminally underappreciated during his WWE run, but that stemmed from the way they booked him. The guy is a workhorse. He carried Smackdown on his back for a long while, working shows, and just killing it. It's hard to be recognized for your talents though when you're constantly undercut creatively.

#10 2020-06-02 17:22:09

HeelKing

This is tough, since you put the most "in the IWC" qualifier on it. I'd make a case it might be Mia Yim, though. She's a talented individual, for sure. I just don't see her as having major star potential. Her mic work has come a long way, but she feels uncomfortable on it still, to me.

#11 2020-06-04 16:32:21

Tommy

Since I put a AEW talent down for most overrated I'll be fair and add someone from WWE. That said my most overrated WWE superstar is Charlotte Flair. Sure she has athleticism but other then that she's not as great in ring as everyone thinks she is. She's also very robotic sounding on the mic.

Board footer