You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-27 21:17:14

RyanP

Should AEW keep signing more wrestlers?

There are 2 questions I’m asking regarding this topic. Should AEW keep signing more wrestlers? I don’t think AEW should be signing anymore wrestlers former WWE or not. Because if they do they will be in the same boat as WWE too big of a roster and not enough tv time for everyone.
The second question is. Will AEW be subjected to the same criticism from the fans that WWE gets for signing too many wrestlers? I honestly think it’s going to depend on who you ask. Your die hard AEW fans that believe AEW can do wrong are going to try and spin this as a good thing while at the same time criticizing WWE for doing the same thing. Your more logical AEW fans that don’t have blinders on and can admit when AEW messes up are going question it but still say it’s better then what WWE does. What do y’all think. Should they keep signing more wrestlers and should they be subjected to the same criticism that WWE is for doing the same thing?

#2 2020-05-27 21:45:06

Tommy

Re: Should AEW keep signing more wrestlers?

No they shouldn't. They are having a hard time finding tv time as is for who they have. I'm not being a hater but seriously what has Shawn Spears or PAC done since joining AEW? Everyone thinks going to AEW is going to automatically launch your career or relaunch.

I remember everyone saying "WWE isn't the end all be all". While yes that is true, guess what? AEW isn't the end all be all either like people must think. The reason why I say everyone must think they are is because any time a WWE guy leaves people clamour for them to go to AEW where they will be "better utilized". Spears and Pac are proof that that's not always the case and everyone needs to accept that which is hard for AEW fans to accept something not being true or working out well.

AEW needs to build new stars just as much as WWE does. They need to find their Austin, Rock, Cena, etc. Constantly bringing in everyone that leaves WWE will not only make the roster over crowded it will also leave many more lost in the shuffle as well as make them look just like TNA. People need to accept that they are making mistakes.

#3 2020-05-27 23:31:35

Kanejb

In my opinion they are just 2 or 3 away from having the best male roster in wrestling. Obviously WWE has more overall talent, but they divide thiers into three. I think if they sign Rusev, ec3 and either marty, Okada, or Ospreay. It would be the best overall roster in the biz. It would have to make WWE consider combining it's rosters.

#4 2020-05-28 01:20:18

HC13 Aries Styles

I think they doing a fine  job building their roster...   Thus the need to sign free agents when they can, if they can...
Right now they have  the World title, the TNT title, the World tag titles,  and Women's title... It possible later this year or going into 2021 they could add say a 6 man/Trios title, or Light-weight title, or even womens tag??
Besides AEW  have Dynamite on TNT 2 hours (1 hour 47 minutes?)..  Then they have AEW Dark which is  a little over an hour to showcase the mid-card and lower card guys...

#5 2020-05-28 01:26:23

HC13 Aries Styles

Tommy wrote:

No they shouldn't. They are having a hard time finding tv time as is for who they have. I'm not being a hater but seriously what has Shawn Spears or PAC done since joining AEW? Everyone thinks going to AEW is going to automatically launch your career or relaunch.

I remember everyone saying "WWE isn't the end all be all". While yes that is true, guess what? AEW isn't the end all be all either like people must think. The reason why I say everyone must think they are is because any time a WWE guy leaves people clamour for them to go to AEW where they will be "better utilized". Spears and Pac are proof that that's not always the case and everyone needs to accept that which is hard for AEW fans to accept something not being true or working out well.

AEW needs to build new stars just as much as WWE does. They need to find their Austin, Rock, Cena, etc. Constantly bringing in everyone that leaves WWE will not only make the roster over crowded it will also leave many more lost in the shuffle as well as make them look just like TNA. People need to accept that they are making mistakes.

Pac feud and matches with Kenny Omega and beating Hangman Page...  One reason he haven't done anything lately he still stuck in the UK cause of Covid-19...  Though they have done a video teasing his return to the states soon... Besides forming Death Triangle to feud with Best Friends and Orange Cassidy before the Pandemic....
As for Shawn Spears he was in the TNT title tournament, and then had a PPV match with Dustin as DoN... I think eventually they going put him and Tully with MJF and Wardlow and form another heel group...

#6 2020-05-28 07:18:45

Y2JFanatic

There were talks of AEW having a 2nd show during the week so I see why not?

#7 2020-05-28 07:43:36

ANOUN92
Twitter
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Well, why not? I mean AEW is like any other promotional wrestling company than needs to keep signing more wrestlers whether men or women. But what I hate most about AEW is it feeds on the crumbs WWE, who leaves here goes there as if AEW is a land of opportunity whether as plans for any individual or as moneywise. AEW has to stand out for itself and start looking for brand new wrestlers, it should start from independent companies and so. AEW's name nowadays is obviously because of the famous names it had signed ever since it started.

"I Fear No Evil, The Shadow Is Mine and So Is The Valley" - A²

#8 2020-06-12 16:53:02

Monkey Flip

I love seeing former WWE guys go to other promotions. And I don’t see it as a negative on the promotion for doing it.

But above anybody else I’d love to see Curtis Axel signed by AEW. People haven’t spoken about him much since his release, but he is the guy I want to see succeed the most. He’s a great talent, never got anywhere close to his full potential in WWE, and already has a money gimmick just by being the son of Mr. Perfect. He’d fit in well in AEW. And I’d love to see what he can do in the ring with no limitations. And it would be great to see a guy who was largely used as a jobber in WWE find big success in another company.

Board footer