You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-27 01:07:52

HC13 Aries Styles

AEW Dark = to WCW Saturday Night of the 1980s

To me lately with these super- extended AEW Dark shows the past 3 weeks they equal of that of the World Championship Wrestling Saturday Night shows....  Having many of the mid-card, lower card guys, facing jobbers, (workers/carpenters as Arn Anderson would call them)...  Some interesting matches, some new faces and again AEW Dark is a great way to showcase those who isn't on Dynamite...
What y'all thoughts on this??

#2 2020-05-27 08:54:13

HeelKing

Re: AEW Dark = to WCW Saturday Night of the 1980s

I was too young to really remember much of WCW Saturday Night. My earliest memories probably start around 1990 or so. That said, I'm not entirely sure how the two shows compare to each other.

I dig what they're doing with Dark, though. They've got a lot of young talent, and some of it's very unknown talent. They're getting them experience on a program where the people watching are probably mostly super into the product, and perhaps a bit more forgiving while these performers find their footing? They're possibly better served there than being jobbed out on Dynamite.

#3 2020-07-14 20:12:28

HC13 Aries Styles

Re: AEW Dark = to WCW Saturday Night of the 1980s

Really enjoying AEW Dark more and more, esp with guys getting extra ring time...   Then perfect place for a monster like Lance Archer to destroy jobbers, or for debuts like Brian Pillman Jr and so on..

Board footer