You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-24 08:41:29

Y2JFanatic
Member
Registered: 2020-01-15
Posts: 432

I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

I supported AEW ever since they've started and had a feeling right from the beginning that they are all about "conflict of interests" with the Rhodes family. Cody getting handed everything because of his last name is a freakin' joke especially with "Double or Nothing" from last night which I didn't watch and glad I didn't.

AEW constantly takes shots at WWE, steals their stuff and they make lies that they aren't in competition with WWE. Then Cody gets the TNT championship??? Keep in mind Cody is pretty much the AEW leader behind the scenes and I'm pretty sure he gave himself that, all "conflict of interest".

I'm beginning to agree with most that AEW is mostly a bunch of whiny babies who didn't make it in WWE. I gave AEW plenty of chances but Cody giving himself the TNT title last night was the last straw, I think.

AEW won't last and they'll be the next one to go out of business sometime in the future.

Does anyone else agree that AEW is all about "conflict of interest"???

Offline

#2 2020-05-24 09:13:15

ilyem
Member
Registered: 2020-03-05
Posts: 142

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

Cody has literally lost at the previous two PPVs, the first loss is one that makes it so he can never challenge for the world heavyweight championship again and he’s held firm on that in every interview he’s done. He was made a fool of to put MJF over, MJF being the person they see as one of the futures biggest stars in the company. He’s put Darby Alin over, he’s put countless guys over in that company. You’d be dumb to think a WRESTLER even if he is an EVP of the company doesn’t want some shine or glory. Triple H still books himself wins at WrestleMania. Don’t come for one without coming for the other.

Kenny Omega is an EVP as well and he’s a tag champ, what’s your thoughts on that? Both companies have taken shots at each other, Seth sayinf when Kenny wanted to make real money he’d go to WWE, Triple H calling it a pissant company. They both have done it, TNA has done it, ROH have done it, Kenny did it when he was in NJPW, and you know what? It pushes view to BOTH products when people talk shit to each other

You sound like the whiny one here right now to be honest, WWE has stolen stuff from WCW and everything Cody has brought in were things HIS FATHER primarily helped create. Also if WWE let the trademark lapse, that’s on them.

You’d be foolish to think that Cody wouldn’t put a title on himself eventually, he left that company with the intention of being bigger elsewhere because he knew he would be. He’s essentially holding what is going to be their mid card title, he made it so he cannot challenge for the foreseeable future for their main title. He’s been extremely fair because he could have given himself the heavyweight belt and the Bucks the tag champs right off the back, but he didn’t, and the Bucks aren’t even number 1 contenders for the belts.

Yes, AEW has its flaws, like every company does, but you are faulting Cody, who is wrestler as well, in his prime, for doing something that Triple H, Shane McMahon, and hell even Vinny Mac himself have done themselves. 

Triple H booked himself to win the 2016 Royal Rumble and the Championship in that same year, this man retired from active competition on the early 2010s.

I’m not even being an AEW Mark right now because I have been enjoying more of the WWE product lately and I barely care about the ongoing a of what Triple H books himself as, however you are being extremely hypocritical in this post, and it shows. I have also seen a number of posts flip flopping between bashing AEW and bashing WWE, it just seems like you want to post stuff for attention or a reaction.

Last edited by ilyem (2020-05-24 09:14:35)

Offline

#3 2020-05-24 09:50:37

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 162

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

Y2JFanatic wrote:

I supported AEW ever since they've started and had a feeling right from the beginning that they are all about "conflict of interests" with the Rhodes family. Cody getting handed everything because of his last name is a freakin' joke especially with "Double or Nothing" from last night which I didn't watch and glad I didn't.

AEW constantly takes shots at WWE, steals their stuff and they make lies that they aren't in competition with WWE. Then Cody gets the TNT championship??? Keep in mind Cody is pretty much the AEW leader behind the scenes and I'm pretty sure he gave himself that, all "conflict of interest".

I'm beginning to agree with most that AEW is mostly a bunch of whiny babies who didn't make it in WWE. I gave AEW plenty of chances but Cody giving himself the TNT title last night was the last straw, I think.

AEW won't last and they'll be the next one to go out of business sometime in the future.

Does anyone else agree that AEW is all about "conflict of interest"???

You're missing the bigger picture here, I think. Regardless of if he has an executive title or not, Cody is one of the most over stars in the company, if not THE most over star in the company. Listen to the pops he elicits when he comes out. Holding a second tier title, which in theory will probably be used to help elevate new stars makes a ton of sense for him. If you want to get other wrestlers over, they need credible opponents and programs fans will invest in. Any heel that takes a swipe at Cody is going to draw heat. It's worked for Archer. It's worked for MJF. He's elevating people. The thing is though there's also a point where Cody needs something too, or it becomes the law of diminishing returns.

Remember when people started beating Cena? It felt like a really big deal. The legacy holds weight for awhile. The problem is when you keep going to the well for water, it eventually runs dry. Cena loses more than he wins now, and an opponent going over him feels almost inevitable. KO, active star, but the same trap in a way.

If AEW was all about conflict of interest, as you say, Cody would be the World Champ right now- yet he can't wrestle for the title. If not him, than Omega. Kenny is in a tag team with Adam Page though after receiving a fair amount of complaints that he hadn't won enough. The Bucks could be tag champs, but they aren't. Brandy could be the Women's Champ, but she isn't.

If anything, I think they've gone out of their way NOT to put themselves over. They've ran with their two biggest non-Elite stars in the title scene, in Jericho and Mox, out of the gate. It's just to the point where the Elite are going to have to hold some titles and win some times because it's going to help build other stars by extension.

So really, I couldn't disagree with you more.

Offline

#4 2020-05-24 11:23:14

Aj29051994
Member
Registered: 2020-04-07
Posts: 140

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

Y2JFanatic wrote:

I supported AEW ever since they've started and had a feeling right from the beginning that they are all about "conflict of interests" with the Rhodes family. Cody getting handed everything because of his last name is a freakin' joke especially with "Double or Nothing" from last night which I didn't watch and glad I didn't.

AEW constantly takes shots at WWE, steals their stuff and they make lies that they aren't in competition with WWE. Then Cody gets the TNT championship??? Keep in mind Cody is pretty much the AEW leader behind the scenes and I'm pretty sure he gave himself that, all "conflict of interest".

I'm beginning to agree with most that AEW is mostly a bunch of whiny babies who didn't make it in WWE. I gave AEW plenty of chances but Cody giving himself the TNT title last night was the last straw, I think.

AEW won't last and they'll be the next one to go out of business sometime in the future.

Does anyone else agree that AEW is all about "conflict of interest"???

Do not agree with you in the slightest! You’re saying that AEW is a bunch of whiny babies, you’re basically saying that the WWE is the best thing since sliced bread, like the WWE can do no wrong, that the WWE are the only innovative company that can come up with an idea, then if any company does something similar they have automatically stolen it from WWE. What a load of rubbish. Across any type of company and I’m not just talking wrestling here, but ideas are seen, taken and then used by others, some companies are at times limited by how creative they can be, so when other companies use that idea of course it is going to look the same or similar.

How many times has WWE but specifically Vince, Shane, Stephanie and Triple H had a conflict of interest? I’ve lost count. Triple H has buried numerous wrestlers over his career, stepped away from the ring to go to the boardroom, but then cannot put his ego aside and has to come back and win the Royal Rumble, become champion again, headline Wrestlemania again, then also cannot keep out of the limelight when he just has to have yet another match against Batista at Wrestlemania, a match which did absolutely nothing for either man, except take away a spot on the card from talent that could of been given a chance, yet another conflict of interest, how many people has Cody buried in AEW? He has already took big losses to talent to elevate them, when holding the position he does in AEW he could easily have just buried them.

Cody is only holding a mid-card championship, just like Shane McMahon did when he held the European Championship. So was that not a conflict of interest? I’m sure you will say that Shane was a wrestler as you think Vince was a wrestler too just because he knows his stuff about wrestling. Shane was not a wrestler either he was just a “Spot machine” doing dives off the staging etc, he is not a wrestler either, he only held the European championship and other championships because of his daddy and the backstage power that Shane would have.

Stephanie held the Women’s championship, again she is not a wrestler either and became Champion because of her daddy and the backstage power she would have (again a complete conflict of interest).

Vince is the biggest hypocrite of them all, yes the feud with Austin did bring viewers to wrestling, plus some things that the WWE have done have been great and I still continue to watch them too as well as AEW. But to point out Vince’s hypocrisy, he is not a wrestler, but yet he still books himself to win the Royal Rumble (Conflict of interest), books himself to be WWE champion when he is not a wrestler (Conflict of interest again), books himself to be ECW Champion just so he can piss all over what ECW was (Conflict of interest yet again) he is the Owner, Chairman and CEO of the company, not a wrestler, he is a businessman! But yet books himself into matches against his top talent, so taking away spots from others in the company (yet again a big conflict of interest). How many times has Tony Khan got into the ring to have “matches” with his top talent in AEW?

For over 30 years it’s been nothing more than a conflict of interest from the whole McMahon family, with how they have buried talents, made themselves champions etc.

Whereas with the position that Cody holds in the company he could quite easily of just made himself the inaugural AEW World Champion and still be holding it, but he did not. He could quite easily of had the Young Bucks be the inaugural Tag Team Champions and still have them holding them now, again that did not happen either. Brandi could of been the inaugural Women’s Champion and still be holding it now, but that did not happen either. As things currently stand the EVP’s of AEW do seem to know how to put their egos aside and give chances to others on the roster, I’m not saying that will remain the case but they have made a good start so far.

Last edited by Aj29051994 (2020-05-24 11:24:03)

Offline

#5 2020-05-24 11:24:02

GoodOldPapa
Member
Registered: 2019-12-04
Posts: 237

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

It's like here we go again.  Wrestling fans have been moaning and whining for a viable alternative for quite some time to WWE, and now that we have one, people are still moaning and whining.  I think AEW has done as good a job as they possibly can to promote up and coming wrestlers, as some I wasn't familiar with when I started watching.  I've made an extra effort to watch those such as Britt Baker, etc to get more familiar with their persona and see what they have to offer.

Offline

#6 2020-05-24 13:49:24

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 515

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

Y2JFanatic wrote:

I supported AEW ever since they've started and had a feeling right from the beginning that they are all about "conflict of interests" with the Rhodes family. Cody getting handed everything because of his last name is a freakin' joke especially with "Double or Nothing" from last night which I didn't watch and glad I didn't.

AEW constantly takes shots at WWE, steals their stuff and they make lies that they aren't in competition with WWE. Then Cody gets the TNT championship??? Keep in mind Cody is pretty much the AEW leader behind the scenes and I'm pretty sure he gave himself that, all "conflict of interest".

I'm beginning to agree with most that AEW is mostly a bunch of whiny babies who didn't make it in WWE. I gave AEW plenty of chances but Cody giving himself the TNT title last night was the last straw, I think.

AEW won't last and they'll be the next one to go out of business sometime in the future.

Does anyone else agree that AEW is all about "conflict of interest"???

I see you really don't know how "Wrestling"  works, from business, to the ideas and matches and so on...
Also I take we will see you back as watching AEW before the year-end...

All I have to say here right now..

Offline

#7 2020-05-24 14:25:03

ANOUN92
Member
From: Egypt, Cairo
Registered: 2020-01-08
Posts: 5
Twitter
XMPP:
AndrewAANY92@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

Ever since #AEW come to light and I didn't see a damn good thing about it. All I saw was a WWE IMITATION or a WWE WANNA-BE. whoever quits in #WWE gets a contract in AEW right away. Handing over roles & titles to undeserving, fawning, B+ men or women. in addition to a lack of authenticity in every single thing happens there whether during the #coronavirus-pandemic or without it. whenever I decide to watch a match or a PPV for #AEW, I give myself tons of chances to keep watching so as if something happened regarding #WWE since it's my favorite since I was 7 watching #Midgets, #Old-School-Legends, #Attitude-Era and the modern one (and now I'm 28), so I admit; AEW failed to entertain me not because I'm thinking about WWE all the time, but because #AEW as a wrestling & entertainment company FAILED TO #ENTERTAIN me as a #WRESTLING-FAN...


"I Fear No Evil, The Shadow Is Mine and So Is The Valley" - A²

Offline

#8 2020-05-24 14:38:10

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 387

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

I’ve posted a lot of topics about the hypocrisy of wrestling fans lately and I still believe it to be true and when I say wrestling fans I’m talking about WWE,AEW,ROH,Impact etc... All wrestling fans can be and have been hypocrites at some point in time but the problem I have isn’t so much the hypocrisy itself but the fact that wrestling fans won’t own up to it. As far as Cody winning the TNT title goes I do think its a bit of a conflict of interest and I have stated from the beginning that giving Cody,Omega and Young Bucks the VP titles was going to bite them in the ass when it comes to fan judgement. All wrestling companies steal or make different versions of each other’s matches/PPVs the problem is that there are some members of the fanbases that refuse to admit that. Here’s the bottom line. No wrestling company is perfect and there always things that they can do to improve the product and if you aren’t willing to admit that then you truly deserve to be labeled a mark.

Offline

#9 2020-05-24 15:02:11

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 162

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

RyanP wrote:

I’ve posted a lot of topics about the hypocrisy of wrestling fans lately and I still believe it to be true and when I say wrestling fans I’m talking about WWE,AEW,ROH,Impact etc... All wrestling fans can be and have been hypocrites at some point in time but the problem I have isn’t so much the hypocrisy itself but the fact that wrestling fans won’t own up to it. As far as Cody winning the TNT title goes I do think its a bit of a conflict of interest and I have stated from the beginning that giving Cody,Omega and Young Bucks the VP titles was going to bite them in the ass when it comes to fan judgement. All wrestling companies steal or make different versions of each other’s matches/PPVs the problem is that there are some members of the fanbases that refuse to admit that. Here’s the bottom line. No wrestling company is perfect and there always things that they can do to improve the product and if you aren’t willing to admit that then you truly deserve to be labeled a mark.

Here's a challenge for you then: define 'perfect', if you could create your own wrestling company. I don't doubt you could. I don't doubt you'd have people agree with you. I also don't doubt you'd have people disagree with you, too. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder, after all. To say someone truly deserves to be labeled a mark because they won't be critical of a product though misses the point that we all enjoy different things. I don't think the point of watching wrestling is to come away 'enlightened' enough to be a fair critic, unless that's what you've chosen to do for a living. The point of watching wrestling, as a fan, should be to be entertained.

Offline

#10 2020-05-24 15:17:24

MaskedMadness
Member
Registered: 2020-01-16
Posts: 101

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

All I'll say is that they were supposed to be "sports based wrestling" but they do the same corny, goofy nonsense that the WWE does. I don't really have a strong opinion, because I refuse to let worked up over professional wrestling now days. But I will say that I don't think AEW will last.

Offline

#11 2020-05-24 15:27:12

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 387

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

HeelKing wrote:
RyanP wrote:

I’ve posted a lot of topics about the hypocrisy of wrestling fans lately and I still believe it to be true and when I say wrestling fans I’m talking about WWE,AEW,ROH,Impact etc... All wrestling fans can be and have been hypocrites at some point in time but the problem I have isn’t so much the hypocrisy itself but the fact that wrestling fans won’t own up to it. As far as Cody winning the TNT title goes I do think its a bit of a conflict of interest and I have stated from the beginning that giving Cody,Omega and Young Bucks the VP titles was going to bite them in the ass when it comes to fan judgement. All wrestling companies steal or make different versions of each other’s matches/PPVs the problem is that there are some members of the fanbases that refuse to admit that. Here’s the bottom line. No wrestling company is perfect and there always things that they can do to improve the product and if you aren’t willing to admit that then you truly deserve to be labeled a mark.

Here's a challenge for you then: define 'perfect', if you could create your own wrestling company. I don't doubt you could. I don't doubt you'd have people agree with you. I also don't doubt you'd have people disagree with you, too. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder, after all. To say someone truly deserves to be labeled a mark because they won't be critical of a product though misses the point that we all enjoy different things. I don't think the point of watching wrestling is to come away 'enlightened' enough to be a fair critic, unless that's what you've chosen to do for a living. The point of watching wrestling, as a fan, should be to be entertained.


If you truly enjoy and follow a certain product then you should be willing to accept criticism of said product and admit that there are things that they can improve on. Like I said before there is no such thing as a perfect product and there is always room for improvements. I’m a WWE fan and I constantly get criticized and called a mark or a blind sheep for following and defending some of WWEs decisions even though I’ve stated that I believe that there are things that WWE can improve on. So how is that any different than AEW fans who defend AEW and won’t accept criticism of the product? Should they be labeled as Marks or blind sheep? I mean what’s good for the goose is good for the gander right? If WWE fans get accused of being Marks and blind sheep for defending and following WWE then shouldn’t AEW fans be subjected to the same criticism?

Offline

#12 2020-05-24 19:32:32

HC13 Aries Styles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-17
Posts: 515

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

Something most who have watched wrestling any given period of time should know several things...
Ideas get used and re-used and recycled over and over and over again... Next wrestlers goes from promotion to promotion, they might get a 5-10 year run esp if they a top guy/top mid-card, then leave elsewhere to work rather it was in the territory days   ending in the 1980s with the expansion era of both WWF and WCW..  One example Barry Windham who was back and forth in WWF and NWA/WCW up til WCW closed..  The list goes on and on... 

To me it great we seeing some guys get a chance who didn't get a chance in say the WWE, or elsewhere to shine...

Offline

#13 2020-05-24 22:14:05

Monkey Flip
Member
Registered: 2019-11-02
Posts: 62

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

I’m a WWE guy over AEW any day of the week, but I’m not sure I see you’re logic in regards to Cody holding the title.

Regardless of his position backstage, he’s still and on screen talent. Which means he is eligible to win titles, and just because he has a backstage position doesn’t mean he shouldn’t win a title.

I never understood why people complained about HHH holding titles after he got some authority backstage. If the guys over, and one of the best on screen talent they have, why not put the title on him? Same as Cody.

I have NEVER seen it as a negative thing to have some both hold power in a company and also hold one of that companies titles. It just seems like such a petty and pointless thing for fans to complain about.

And I watched Doible Or Nothing last night, Cody made Lance Archer look legit. It was not a burial.

Offline

#14 2020-05-25 10:05:31

HeelKing
Member
Registered: 2020-04-25
Posts: 162

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

RyanP wrote:

I’ve posted a lot of topics about the hypocrisy of wrestling fans lately and I still believe it to be true and when I say wrestling fans I’m talking about WWE,AEW,ROH,Impact etc... All wrestling fans can be and have been hypocrites at some point in time but the problem I have isn’t so much the hypocrisy itself but the fact that wrestling fans won’t own up to it. As far as Cody winning the TNT title goes I do think its a bit of a conflict of interest and I have stated from the beginning that giving Cody,Omega and Young Bucks the VP titles was going to bite them in the ass when it comes to fan judgement. All wrestling companies steal or make different versions of each other’s matches/PPVs the problem is that there are some members of the fanbases that refuse to admit that. Here’s the bottom line. No wrestling company is perfect and there always things that they can do to improve the product and if you aren’t willing to admit that then you truly deserve to be labeled a mark.

If you want to say it's hypocritical to defend one company, and then bash the other, fair-play. I take no exceptions with that. Wrestling as a whole, for a business that's been around- oh, I don't even know how long- has a tendency to repeat and recycle ideas. It's a hard trap to avoid. If you enjoy the way WWE presents it, hey, cool. Typically, I don't, with the exception of the NXT brand. I try not to bash them for it. Although I don't particularly care for Vince, or Vince's vision; so yeah, at times, I'll take a few shots there. Does that make me a hypocrite? Sure, maybe. I can live with that.

Where I take exception here is that you're basically saying if a fan can't look at everything through a critic's eye then they're a mark. Unless you're running a site, or a podcast, or some platform where your intention is to breakdown wrestling in a critical manner, how is it bad to be partial to what you like? Isn't that why you're watching? You like the product, and you want to be entertained? When you have a positive feeling about something, you're more inclined to overlook small things. That doesn't make anyone a 'mark', it makes them a fan. To say you need to admit a product isn't 'perfect' to not be labeled a mark begins a dangerously high climb into an ivory white tower; and as they say, the higher the climb, the farther the fall.

Offline

#15 2020-05-28 14:18:47

RyanP
Member
Registered: 2019-11-06
Posts: 387

Re: I'm done with AEW for good, will stick with WWE thank you...

HeelKing wrote:
RyanP wrote:

I’ve posted a lot of topics about the hypocrisy of wrestling fans lately and I still believe it to be true and when I say wrestling fans I’m talking about WWE,AEW,ROH,Impact etc... All wrestling fans can be and have been hypocrites at some point in time but the problem I have isn’t so much the hypocrisy itself but the fact that wrestling fans won’t own up to it. As far as Cody winning the TNT title goes I do think its a bit of a conflict of interest and I have stated from the beginning that giving Cody,Omega and Young Bucks the VP titles was going to bite them in the ass when it comes to fan judgement. All wrestling companies steal or make different versions of each other’s matches/PPVs the problem is that there are some members of the fanbases that refuse to admit that. Here’s the bottom line. No wrestling company is perfect and there always things that they can do to improve the product and if you aren’t willing to admit that then you truly deserve to be labeled a mark.

If you want to say it's hypocritical to defend one company, and then bash the other, fair-play. I take no exceptions with that. Wrestling as a whole, for a business that's been around- oh, I don't even know how long- has a tendency to repeat and recycle ideas. It's a hard trap to avoid. If you enjoy the way WWE presents it, hey, cool. Typically, I don't, with the exception of the NXT brand. I try not to bash them for it. Although I don't particularly care for Vince, or Vince's vision; so yeah, at times, I'll take a few shots there. Does that make me a hypocrite? Sure, maybe. I can live with that.

Where I take exception here is that you're basically saying if a fan can't look at everything through a critic's eye then they're a mark. Unless you're running a site, or a podcast, or some platform where your intention is to breakdown wrestling in a critical manner, how is it bad to be partial to what you like? Isn't that why you're watching? You like the product, and you want to be entertained? When you have a positive feeling about something, you're more inclined to overlook small things. That doesn't make anyone a 'mark', it makes them a fan. To say you need to admit a product isn't 'perfect' to not be labeled a mark begins a dangerously high climb into an ivory white tower; and as they say, the higher the climb, the farther the fall.

You don’t have to run a site or have a podcast to be critical of a wrestling product and the fans in the comment sections are all the proof I need that what I just said is true. A lot of the wrestling fans in the comment sections act like they know everything and can run a promotion better than the guys that get paid to. If that’s not being critical I don’t know what is and if your being that critical when judging a wrestling product then in my opinion you deserve the label of mark. Bottom line is watch the product you enjoy watching and stop criticizing the product you don’t watch. It’s that simple and to be honest I need to start practicing what I preach when it comes to the bottom line I just mentioned.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modded by krysti.engineer