You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-25 13:23:05

HeelKing

Who would you like to see in AEW?

First post here for me. I'm a long time wrestling fan, who lost interest for a bit until the creation of AEW. So that said, my question is which wrestlers would you like to see in AEW? The WWE just released a slew of guys, and there are some incredibly talented folks on the indy scene. The only qualifier or rule I'll add is I'd like to see some lists without WWE guys who are under contract, since that's likely a no-go anyway. For me, it'd be:

1. Priscilla Kelly- She's only 22, and I feel as if she could work as a face or a heel. Plus with Darby already under contract there, the fit would seem natural.

2. Rusev- Despite getting sabotaged at every turn, all this guy does is get himself over. I think he'd be a tremendous star here.

3. Taeler Hendrix- I'm a HUGE fan of her, dating back to her time working the TNA talent search. I've followed her career everywhere she's been, and would love to see her get a chance on a big stage.

4. Mike Bennett and Maria- Mike got the rawest of RAW deals in WWE, and I can't understand why. He's tremendously talented though, and his story could make him a great face. He's also really good at playing the sleazy heel, the way he did during his Impact/TNA run. He'd slot in perfectly in the TNT Title scene.

5. EC3- This dude is a legit main event talent. He can own an arena with his promos. I think that'd be an asset to AEW because outside of Jericho, Mox, Cody and MJF, they're a bit short on talkers.

6. Kelly Klein- I'd push her to the moon as one of the faces of my women's division.

7. Chris Sabin- His style would be a fit, I think. Plus he'd be a veteran capable of slotting in almost anywhere to work with some young guys.

#2 2020-04-25 15:35:17

Kanejb

Re: Who would you like to see in AEW?

I am not a big fan of Rusev (the torn bicep thing freaks me out, and he has lost a lot of size because of it) but I would be ok with AEW bringing him in. However he is 10

1. Brian Cage
2. Will Ospreay
3. The rain maker Okada
4. Marty Scurll
5. Jeff Cobb
6. EC3
7. Erick Rowan (dark Order)
8. Flip Gordon
9. The OC
10. Rusev

#3 2020-04-25 17:33:57

HeelKing

I believe Cage has already signed with AEW, so you got your #1.

Ospreay is a great pick. I didn't think of him, but I like that idea a lot.

Rowan to me is a bit like Rusev is to you, I think. I wouldn't hate it, but I wouldn't be overly into anything he did either.

Strong list, though! Thanks for the reply.

#4 2020-04-25 17:34:39

Aj29051994

I agree about Rusev, I’m not a big fan, he got over with the Rusev day gimmick, but I don’t see him as someone that AEW needs, if he does go to AEW and proves me wrong then fair enough, it’s just my opinion that I do not feel AEW needs him.

I would like to see EC3 head to AEW, he showed he can be a top level talent on the mic, like MJF has, I also liked his in ring work in Impact Wrestling, I would like to see EC3 be the obnoxious heel he was in Impact, I feel it could build to a good clash of the egos type feud against MJF to see who is the better obnoxious heel between the two of them.

Drake Maverick is another I would like to see head to AEW and actually just be treated seriously, not used for mostly comedy sketches like he was in both Impact Wrestling and WWE.

Marty Scurll, would be good to actually have all of The Elite back together, I do not see that one happening though for a while, as he only just signed back with ROH, unless there is a break clause or something like that.

I would like to see Brian Cage head to AEW, but just be a monster anomaly that stands alone, has no interest in siding with The Elite, Inner Circle or any other teams.

If Rowan joined, I would not want to see him in the Dark Order, to me it would feel to much like another Wyatt Family/Bludgeon Brothers situation, I would like to see what both can do on there own for a sustained period of time, yes Brodie Lee is the leader but I do not see him tagging with the Dark Order members a great deal, I feel he will be a singles wrestler with his disciples in toe. I would just like to see what Rowan could do with a genuine singles run, not the half hearted ones he has had which resulted in a steel stairs match at TLC, or a very anticlimactic storyline with a spider in a cage.

#5 2020-04-25 18:56:32

Kanejb

I didn't know the Brian Cage signing was official but if so that's awesome!! I agree on EC3. Him vs MJF would be amazing! I think Wardlow vs Cage would be awesome too

I think Scurll will be in AEW at some point. It's not a pressing need because Thier roster is so stacked!

You know what they really need a female Goldberg. Someone that just dominates. Right now the Men's singles and Tag are so strong (I think right there with WWE) but there literally is no reason to watch the women's division. I don't think it would be that hard to find someone and build them up. MMA background and hot should do the trick

#6 2020-04-26 12:21:46

GoodOldPapa

Mike Bennett and EC3, because I've seen them at their best.  It was a downright sin how they were portrayed in WWE.  Rusev too.  I thought Jeff Cobb was already with AEW, I saw him twice, he had a match with Moxley, but haven't seen him since.  I keep hearing Brian Cage is on his way, but not sure what the status of that is.

#7 2020-04-26 13:45:08

Y2JFanatic

As silly and weird as this sounds, I'd love to see Hornswoggle in AEW. Hornswoggle (Real name: Dylan Postl) was released from WWE. I actually liked the Hornswoggle character as I thought he was funny and entertaining. It be great if they brought him in AEW but if they did, his name would get changed since I'm sure WWE trademarked the Hornswoggle name.

I'd also like to see Wade Barrett make a return to wrestling and sign with AEW... remember Wade Barrett who was the leader of the Nexus? I thought he was great in WWE and too bad he was poorly used after Nexus broke up. Bad News Barrett was a cool character and it be cool if Barrett made the move to AEW sometime in the future.

I'd like to see Sin Cara in AEW 'cause the Luca Brothers could use some more competition in the Mexican wrestlers division.

Enzo & Cass, I don't think they're doing anything as of this moment but I was a fan of them and too bad they didn't last long when they made the main roster in WWE, though. They were entertaining as hell.

James Ellsworth, it was sad what happened to him in WWE 'cause he was entertaining and good performer. It be nice if AEW give him something to do.

Rhyno, I don't think that guy is doing anything as if this moment and the bigger guys in AEW could use some real competition if Rhyno came in.

Ken Anderson would be a great addition to the AEW roster... remember him as Mr. Kennedy in WWE and Mr. Anderson in TNA. He's currently working for the NWA, though.

Bully Ray... maybe someday 'cause he would be a good addition to AEW but he's still working for ROH.

Kurt Angle... now that he's done with WWE, I can see him making the move to AEW... since he's friends with many AEW people so don't be surprised to see Kurt making the switch real soon.

As for wrestler females... I'd like to see Gail Kim, Victoria, Melina and maybe occasional appearances by Terri Runnels aka The Kat.

Good thread!!!!

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2020-04-26 13:48:24)

#8 2020-04-26 14:49:02

Kanejb

Absolutely not to Horny or Ellsworth. They have enough of those characters with Cassidy and Stunt, I don't want spud either.

Cobb is like a modern day combination of Taz and Rhyno.

Also Runnels was not the cat, and she is probably a million years old now.

They could have had Anderson if they wanted,  instead he signed with nwa for peanuts.

I do agree with you on Angle and possibly Bully Ray

#9 2020-04-26 14:59:01

Kanejb

Absolutely not to Horny or Ellsworth. They have enough of those characters with Cassidy and Stunt, I don't want spud either.

Cobb is like a modern day combination of Taz and Rhyno.

Also Runnels was not the cat, and she is probably a million years old now.

They could have had Anderson if they wanted,  instead he signed with nwa for peanuts.

I do agree with you on Angle and possibly Bully Ray

#10 2020-04-26 17:56:05

Y2JFanatic

So what are the feelings about Mick Foley going to AEW? Mick is not in contract of anything right now and I wouldn't be surprised we see him there at some point. Mick worked at every wrestling company you could think of and he's not even in contract with WWE right now, I believe.

Seeing that AEW brought hardcore wrestling back, you'd think Mick would be interested in working for them someday. I don't think Mick would ever wrestle a match ever again but a few occasional appearances wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2020-04-26 17:56:42)

#11 2020-04-27 04:16:46

Aj29051994

Y2JFanatic wrote:

As silly and weird as this sounds, I'd love to see Hornswoggle in AEW. Hornswoggle (Real name: Dylan Postl) was released from WWE. I actually liked the Hornswoggle character as I thought he was funny and entertaining. It be great if they brought him in AEW but if they did, his name would get changed since I'm sure WWE trademarked the Hornswoggle name.

I'd also like to see Wade Barrett make a return to wrestling and sign with AEW... remember Wade Barrett who was the leader of the Nexus? I thought he was great in WWE and too bad he was poorly used after Nexus broke up. Bad News Barrett was a cool character and it be cool if Barrett made the move to AEW sometime in the future.

I'd like to see Sin Cara in AEW 'cause the Luca Brothers could use some more competition in the Mexican wrestlers division.

Enzo & Cass, I don't think they're doing anything as of this moment but I was a fan of them and too bad they didn't last long when they made the main roster in WWE, though. They were entertaining as hell.

James Ellsworth, it was sad what happened to him in WWE 'cause he was entertaining and good performer. It be nice if AEW give him something to do.

Rhyno, I don't think that guy is doing anything as if this moment and the bigger guys in AEW could use some real competition if Rhyno came in.

Ken Anderson would be a great addition to the AEW roster... remember him as Mr. Kennedy in WWE and Mr. Anderson in TNA. He's currently working for the NWA, though.

Bully Ray... maybe someday 'cause he would be a good addition to AEW but he's still working for ROH.

Kurt Angle... now that he's done with WWE, I can see him making the move to AEW... since he's friends with many AEW people so don't be surprised to see Kurt making the switch real soon.

As for wrestler females... I'd like to see Gail Kim, Victoria, Melina and maybe occasional appearances by Terri Runnels aka The Kat.

Good thread!!!!

You wouldn’t see Sin Cara in AEW as Sin Cara, I’m pretty sure that WWE owns the rights to the Sin Cara name and character.

I would not want to see either Hornswoggle or James Ellsworth in AEW, for reasons that have already been said, AEW already have two comedy performers in Marko Stunt and Orange Cassidy.

Rhyno is contracted with Impact Wrestling, the same as Gail Kim. So unless they get released or there is a break clause will not be in AEW anytime soon.

Kurt Angle I agree with, I could see him in AEW, imparting his knowledge much like Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Dean Malenko can. Also if it is appropriate, could work with a talent as their manager.

I would not want to see any of those woman you have said in AEW, yes they could still work but Gail Kim and Melina are in there early 40s, Melina also works in the NWA at the moment. Victoria is just under 50 and has retired. Terri Runnels is nearing her mid 50s and like Victoria has also retired.

#12 2020-04-27 08:33:07

Y2JFanatic

What's wrong with Hornswoggle and James Ellsworth??? haha... I think you guys are against the smaller guys and nothing more. Small men in wrestling is nothing new.

#13 2020-04-27 10:35:21

Aj29051994

Y2JFanatic wrote:

What's wrong with Hornswoggle and James Ellsworth??? haha... I think you guys are against the smaller guys and nothing more. Small men in wrestling is nothing new.

I’m not against the smaller wrestlers at all my friend, what are both Hornswoggle and James Ellsworth known for? Being comedy wrestlers, AEW already have Orange Cassidy and Marko Stunt for comedy wrestling so why do they need anymore?

There is a difference between comedy wrestling and smaller wrestlers actually wrestling. That’s what I’m getting at.

#14 2020-04-28 11:09:47

Y2JFanatic

Either way, don't be surprised if you end up seeing Hornswoggle in someday 'cause doing a google search, I heard Hornswoggle (Dylan Postl) is a fan of AEW anyway so never know.

#15 2020-04-28 15:47:00

ilyem

Priscilla Kelly has already been on AEW TV for a couple matches, so it wouldn't surprise me if they signed her because she's already been on and she's one of their top talents wives, that always helps.

The OC are already signed somewhere else, so I don't think they will show up in AEW any time soon. I am assuming The Revival already signed with AEW since they've been hinting at it, and honestly I do not think AEW needs anymore tag teams, they are pretty stacked there.

Marty Scurll, he's part of the Elite, so he should be there.

I'd like to see EC3 move over there, I know he did well in NXT and Impact so I think given the proper area he'd do well in AEW.

Zack Ryder, I would honestly just like to see someone take a chance on him and let him be an actual wrestler.

Ember Moon, I think she'd be a great fit for AEW and I think she could be really dominant.

Rusev, I think he'd do well in AEW as well but they'd have to find the right gimmick, it couldn't be the same stuff from WWE.

I'd prefer to see Mick Foley in over Kurt Angle if I had to choose, I think he'd be a better fit for AEW.

#16 2020-04-28 15:55:11

ilyem

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Good thread!!!!

Enzo and Cass would probably be a hard no on that, they both are notorious for having backstage heat and being troublemakers. Last I knew, Cass was having some health/mental health issues and wasn't doing great, he had a seizure at
show in 2018 and tried to fight Joey Janela back stage at a indie show, don't know what he's doing now. Enzo consistently had heat backstage and overall wasn't very well liked. I think AEW would wanna stay away from that.

Sin Cara can't go by Sin Cara anymore WWE owns that, he goes by Cinta de Oro I think now, he wrestles primarily in Mexico which I think where he wants to be.

#17 2020-04-28 16:10:40

Y2JFanatic

Mick Foley in AEW would be great... Foley would come in not as a wrestler but he would be a great manager for a wrestler, though... maybe he could do some kind of authority figure role. They'll find him something to do there.

#18 2020-04-29 21:43:12

Ciencaras91

Zack Ryder
Curt Hawkins
Lio Rush

Everyone else in Impact or NWA

AEW sucks

#19 2020-05-02 09:24:33

HeelKing

Y2JFanatic wrote:

I enjoyed Ellsworth's work in WWE with Carmella and Styles, but I'd agree with some of the other posters here in saying I wouldn't want him or Hornswoggle in AEW. It's not that they couldn't contribute, it's just that they'd be redundant. You can only work so many stories and matches with the underdog, comedy character before you burn through the angles. When you double the number on your roster you'd eventually create a situation where people lose investment, and you're just running them out there to get squashed by your big men. In time that doesn't even get your big men over because there's no sympathy for the face getting destroyed.

#20 2020-05-02 09:30:54

HeelKing

ilyem wrote:

Priscilla Kelly has already been on AEW TV for a couple matches, so it wouldn't surprise me if they signed her because she's already been on and she's one of their top talents wives, that always helps.

The OC are already signed somewhere else, so I don't think they will show up in AEW any time soon. I am assuming The Revival already signed with AEW since they've been hinting at it, and honestly I do not think AEW needs anymore tag teams, they are pretty stacked there.

I've seen Kelly pop up there a few times too, so I'm really hoping they come to a deal.

I didn't list the OC because the AEW tag division is already so deep, and the Revival are on the way. Plus the Elite already have a team in the fold with the Bucks.

I think we're sorta thinking along the same lines.

#21 2020-05-06 09:31:26

Y2JFanatic

What are the feelings of David Arquette in AEW? He's been doing a lot of Indy wrestling lately and doing some pretty crazy shit in the ring so I wouldn't be surprised you'll see him in AEW at some point.

#22 2020-05-08 19:03:07

HeelKing

Y2JFanatic wrote:

What are the feelings of David Arquette in AEW? He's been doing a lot of Indy wrestling lately and doing some pretty crazy shit in the ring so I wouldn't be surprised you'll see him in AEW at some point.

That'd be a hard pass for me. I'm assuming you're meaning as a regular performer, though. If you're talking as more of a special attraction type deal, I could tolerate it. Either way, it wouldn't be something I'm particularly high on. Celeb crossovers just aren't my cup of tea.

#23 2020-05-12 23:01:04

HC13 Aries Styles

Right now
1- the former Revival now the Revolt (guessing will debut at Double or Nothing)
2- Erick Rowan
4- Gallows and Anderson
5- Sting
6-  Kurt Angle
7-  Hammerstone
8 - Brian Pillman Jr
9- Davey Boy Smith Jr
10- Jacob Fatu
11-  eventually if she ever leaves Impact Tessa Blanchard
12- Teal Piper, get her training more can and could be the next great woman in business
13-  Joe Henning  with he being free  from the WWE now, maybe a possibility to see what he can do elsewhere??

Also there are many wrestlers sons  like Road Warrior Animal son who just retired from football 3 years ago would love to see what he can and could do  in the ring if trained, or Rick Steiner son Bronson who just signed/drafted to the Ravens if the NFL don't work out..

Also long shot but the Guerrillas of Destiny in an already stack tag division to come and dominate  AEW would be awesome..

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2020-05-12 23:17:21)

#24 2020-05-12 23:35:08

HC13 Aries Styles

HeelKing wrote:

First post here for me. I'm a long time wrestling fan, who lost interest for a bit until the creation of AEW. So that said, my question is which wrestlers would you like to see in AEW? The WWE just released a slew of guys, and there are some incredibly talented folks on the indy scene. The only qualifier or rule I'll add is I'd like to see some lists without WWE guys who are under contract, since that's likely a no-go anyway. For me, it'd be:

1. Priscilla Kelly- She's only 22, and I feel as if she could work as a face or a heel. Plus with Darby already under contract there, the fit would seem natural.

2. Rusev- Despite getting sabotaged at every turn, all this guy does is get himself over. I think he'd be a tremendous star here.

3. Taeler Hendrix- I'm a HUGE fan of her, dating back to her time working the TNA talent search. I've followed her career everywhere she's been, and would love to see her get a chance on a big stage.

4. Mike Bennett and Maria- Mike got the rawest of RAW deals in WWE, and I can't understand why. He's tremendously talented though, and his story could make him a great face. He's also really good at playing the sleazy heel, the way he did during his Impact/TNA run. He'd slot in perfectly in the TNT Title scene.

5. EC3- This dude is a legit main event talent. He can own an arena with his promos. I think that'd be an asset to AEW because outside of Jericho, Mox, Cody and MJF, they're a bit short on talkers.

6. Kelly Klein- I'd push her to the moon as one of the faces of my women's division.

7. Chris Sabin- His style would be a fit, I think. Plus he'd be a veteran capable of slotting in almost anywhere to work with some young guys.

Priscilla Kelly have been on AEW several times already thus  really lost in the shuffle and with everything right now not being used..
Personally I want to see EC3 go back to Impact...
Chris Sabin I think he working for Impact or suppose to had signed a contract with them before the shut-down.. 
also think Mike Bennett and Maria either will go back to Impact or ROH?? 

I think the big thing right now AEW only have 3 hours of programming to work with   and only so much they can do or so many to show case...  Thus til they expand their show  or have a 2nd 2 hour show on  lots you mentioned will get lost in the shuffle..

#25 2020-05-12 23:39:15

HC13 Aries Styles

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Mick Foley in AEW would be great... Foley would come in not as a wrestler but he would be a great manager for a wrestler, though... maybe he could do some kind of authority figure role. They'll find him something to do there.

Him or Sting one will show up before 2020 is over...
Though if Foley would ever wrestle again would love to see him and Dustin some kind of program..

Board footer