You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-10 13:27:13

Y2JFanatic

Where is Sonny Kiss? How come he not on AEW television anymore???

In the beginning, this Sonny Kiss or whatever he/she is... was on AEW television for like 1 or 2 ppvs and appeared on a Dynamite episode like maybe once and now he's gone. Is he even under contract still?

He's a weird/character gimmick kind of like Velveteen Dream and Goldust but this Sonny Kiss is even weirder than them.

Are they ever gonna use Sonny Kiss again? What's up with this dude/lady or whatever this person is?

#2 2020-03-10 15:34:17

HC13 Aries Styles

Re: Where is Sonny Kiss? How come he not on AEW television anymore???

Watch AEW Dark, on YouTube he have been on there... Right now in a little program with Luther the deathmatch guy that Brandi had in her stable... As well as the Dark Order...

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2020-03-11 01:25:31)

#3 2020-03-10 15:36:53

HC13 Aries Styles

#4 2020-03-10 16:14:11

Y2JFanatic

Aaaahhh so they have been using him at least. Guess they're trying to build up this Sonny Kiss before they use him big on Dynamite and on the ppvs.

#5 2020-03-10 19:04:25

Kanejb

Because he is not over in the slightest. Just because he's gay, or plays a gay character, doesn't mean he should be guaranteed t.v time. They haven't used Shawn Spears, Jimmy havoc, or Joey Janela really either. 2 hours is not a lot of time when you have a stacked roster like AEW. I think impact would be a much better place for him.

#6 2020-03-10 22:39:33

Insyder82

I know Sonny and worked with him on the independent scene.  But he is gay but I honestly feel that he needs more training.  When we worked together, he would refer himself to "she" and think of him/herself as the best performer.  Then when everyone in the promotion he came from sat around and watched his debut for AEW, we were excited but also disappointed in his work.  He was trained better, he just doesn't think he needs to now that he's on TV.  I watched someone approach him and said they saw his work on YouTube.  Sonny asked which video did you like and the kid said one of them (I don't remember the one he said), but it wasn't the one that Sonny liked so he turned his back on the kid like he wasn't important and all Sonny was doing was sitting behind a table not even dressed in ring gear but had his pictures out to sign although he wasn't even booked to be on the card much less at the show.

Then backstage when it was over, we were all changing and he asked if there was a separate place he could change.  We said the bathroom stall if you want.  Because that wasn't big enough or he said it was "nasty" in there, he got all pissed and stormed out the building and left.

#7 2020-03-11 01:34:40

HC13 Aries Styles

Kanejb wrote:

Because he is not over in the slightest. Just because he's gay, or plays a gay character, doesn't mean he should be guaranteed t.v time. They haven't used Shawn Spears, Jimmy havoc, or Joey Janela really either. 2 hours is not a lot of time when you have a stacked roster like AEW. I think impact would be a much better place for him.

I will disagree with you.... I feel as long as AEW have this avenue with AEW Dark  he has a place.... Most of them guys mentioned Shawn Spears, Jimmy Havoc, Joey Janella and others have been used... But will say you are correct with two hours they don't have lots of time to showcase them all, even with the 3 hours they use in all not a lot time... 
But, I feel they doing what they should do, AEW Dark is maybe the best spot for some of them.... As for Spears he in the middle of looking for a tag team partner with his manager Tully Blanchard...  Jimmy Havoc works for both AEW and MLW and several other promotions  and have had matches with Sonny and also is feuding with Luther...  Joey Janella sure not the most impressive... But will say the company need it share of guys who will take a pin for the guys they building..

#8 2020-03-11 07:54:27

Y2JFanatic

Not to sound homophobic and I'm not, I'm no Sonny Kiss fan myself and I can see why he's not being used. This is something AEW fans don't want to see.

Gay gimmicks is nothing new in wrestling but Sonny Kiss is way over the top, in my opinion.

At least, Velveteen Dream is 10x's more likeable and entertaining.

#9 2020-04-05 22:42:37

CamelToeClutch

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Not to sound homophobic and I'm not, I'm no Sonny Kiss fan myself and I can see why he's not being used. This is something AEW fans don't want to see.

Gay gimmicks is nothing new in wrestling but Sonny Kiss is way over the top, in my opinion.

At least, Velveteen Dream is 10x's more likeable and entertaining.

LMFAO Okay boomer.

#10 2020-04-11 14:12:29

Jayke1981

If there is nothing creative for him that requires him on Dynamite, then he won't be there - at least he's been in the crowd.

Maybe the ones like him not being used much should've been on the TV title shortlist.

Let Me In

Board footer