You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-04 13:58:58

Y2JFanatic

Tony Khan as a business man/promoter, better than Vince for sure...

Admittedly, I was skeptical of Tony running a wrestling business since he's young and he's only 37 years old but since AEW has been on TV for almost a year now, Tony is surprising the hell out of me. He had my doubts at first but I think he's doing a good job. He seems to know what he's doing and I can see how he made billions. Is he a genius businessman? Yes. It seems he's a great promoter too. It's quite impressive 'cause he made billions of dollar through his football company, Fullham F.C.

It may seem that he's running AEW all by himself, yes probably but I'm sure he's getting a lot of help and getting plenty of advice from wrestling veterans backstage especially DDP and Arn Anderson. Cody is probably doing a lot too behind the scenes.

I've listened to Tony interviews through podcasts and youtube videos and Tony seems like an interesting guy. Tony is definitely a huge wrestling fan and you can tell that he definitely knows his stuff. He's very smart when it comes to wrestling too. He's a lot smarter than Vince anyways.

It's also pretty awesome that Tony doesn't want to be a performer on AEW television. The only time you'll see Tony on camera are those AEW press conferences that he does. He does seem like a friendly guy, though, a lot friendlier than Vince I must say.

What do you all think of Tony? There's not much talk of him so I thought I would make a post about him. Feel free to post positive or negative feedback on his work. I don't care either way.

#2 2020-03-04 14:12:07

RyanP

Re: Tony Khan as a business man/promoter, better than Vince for sure...

Y2JFanatic wrote:

Admittedly, I was skeptical of Tony running a wrestling business since he's young and he's only 37 years old but since AEW has been on TV for almost a year now, Tony is surprising the hell out of me. He had my doubts at first but I think he's doing a good job. He seems to know what he's doing and I can see how he made billions. Is he a genius businessman? Yes. It seems he's a great promoter too. It's quite impressive 'cause he made billions of dollar through his football company, Fullham F.C.

It may seem that he's running AEW all by himself, yes probably but I'm sure he's getting a lot of help and getting plenty of advice from wrestling veterans backstage especially DDP and Arn Anderson. Cody is probably doing a lot too behind the scenes.

I've listened to Tony interviews through podcasts and youtube videos and Tony seems like an interesting guy. Tony is definitely a huge wrestling fan and you can tell that he definitely knows his stuff. He's very smart when it comes to wrestling too. He's a lot smarter than Vince anyways.

It's also pretty awesome that Tony doesn't want to be a performer on AEW television. The only time you'll see Tony on camera are those AEW press conferences that he does. He does seem like a friendly guy, though, a lot friendlier than Vince I must say.

What do you all think of Tony? There's not much talk of him so I thought I would make a post about him. Feel free to post positive or negative feedback on his work. I don't care either way.

I don’t disagree with you about Tony but I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that it hasn’t been on tv for a year yet. Dynamite didn’t debut until I believe September of this last year so no where close to a year yet dude. For me personally the jury is still out on whether they can mantain their success long term. I hope they do succeed long term but I guess we will have to wait and see.

#3 2020-03-04 19:48:31

Monkey Flip

Re: Tony Khan as a business man/promoter, better than Vince for sure...

Vince McMahon- Took over WWE in 1982. Single handedly took over every major territory in the US, won the war with WCW, turned WWE from a humble wrestling promotion into one of the biggest franchises in the world, self made billionaire. Created some of the biggest stars in history such as Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin. Created his very own football league out of his wealth. Lead the way in changing the professional wrestling business into what it is today. Despite being hated on by smarks on the internet for decades, he has been labelled a genius by almost every wrestler who has ever known him/worked for him.

Tony Khan - Inherited his fathers millions, used it to invest in a bunch of companies and a football team, has run AEW for just over a year with the company still developing and establishing itself.

“Tony Khan is a better businessman and promoter than Vince McMahon by far!!!”
- Smark on the internet

Is Tony Khan doing a good job? Yes. But your claim is ridiculous and laughable.

Board footer