You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-22 20:52:31

HC13 Aries Styles

Should AEW have a working relationship with other Promotions??

Been thinking for most promotions, their success have came from their working relationships with other promotions..
WCW success throughout the mid-1990s as they  worked with New Japan and AAA, even the  brief  1993 relationship they had with Jim Cornette's Smokey Mountain...    WWF/WWE had worked  Smokey Mt in 1993-1994,  both ECW and NWA in or around 1997..   Much of Ring of Honors growth and success have came from working with CMLL and New Japan... Likewise with Impact  TNA  esp with such event as World X Cup which involved AAA, New Japan talents and other misc promotions in between...

Now with the limited schedule  should AEW form some working relationships with other promotions, or when will they??
Esp with such talents of theirs who are involved elsewhere in the world Moxley, Jericho who have done New Japan shows, Omega who worked in AAA Mexico last year, and I'm sure others who have  and does work elsewhere??

#2 2020-02-22 21:24:03

Kanejb

Re: Should AEW have a working relationship with other Promotions??

I think it is a no brainier that they work with ROH and NJPW. They have connections and a lot of the footwork is already done. Anything that brings the Rainmaker to AEW, I am all for. I don't really consider Impact much of anything anymore, especially with AEW already signing Cage, so not them.

#3 2020-02-23 00:23:11

RyanP

The problem they’re going to have with partnerships is where they’re going to be allowed to complete. Take Mox and Jericho for example. It was reported that they had clauses in their contracts that allowed them to work with NJPW but ONLY in Japan not US events and that is why they are going to have a problem finding partners. Not to mention with everything Omega and The Bucks have said about NJPW I don’t see that partnership happening anytime soon.

#4 2020-02-23 15:13:55

HC13 Aries Styles

Take account Mox and Jericho, contracts give them lots of freedom, to wrestle in New Japan.... Also reading about Jeff Cobb with most saying only way he may agree to contract with AEW if he gets similar deal to wrestle for New Japan yet..  I would guess the same would be for Lance Archer if he signs....   
Like I said in my original post working relationships have always been important in  many wrestling promotions to grow... Right now AEW  don't do house shows (don't know if and when they will) thus many talents are free to work elsewhere.. With the limited AEW shows 51 weeks of shows 4 PPVs an year (Feb, May,Aug/Sep, November) anything they add in between.. An good working relationship can help some talent learn more...

#5 2020-02-23 16:11:10

Kanejb

Totally agree about house shows. I honestly think aew/njpw/roh supershows would out draw, or atleast compete with WWE house shows. I think it would be good for roh and NJPW to have some of Thier talent showcased on TNT. It's a win win

#6 2020-02-25 18:26:19

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

I think they should, but it should be done carefully. AEW needs to promote and build AEW, not AEW and co. So yes talent exchanges might be a good thing but not at the expense of building their own talent.

Board footer