You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-15 09:14:35

Y2JFanatic

A Chris Jericho face turn maybe coming, sooner or later it'll happen

Chris Jericho may have started off as a heel for a year or over in AEW but I think sooner or later, he's gonna get a major face turn. Even though Jericho is meant to be a bad guy lately in AEW, he's getting more and more cheers & pops from the crowd at live AEW audiences. Most of all, he's getting fans singing along to his theme song each time he comes out. So it seems to me that the AEW live crowd is liking Jericho more and more.

I can see why 'cause Jericho is a great performer, great on the promos and most importantly, he's killing it in the ring with his wrestling and that's why the fans are starting to respect him more.

I think at some point soon, AEW is gonna have no choice but to give Jericho a face turn. They're gonna have to at some point 'cause it don't make sense to keep him as a bad guy when fans are gonna keep cheering for him. I think turning Jericho face would be a great idea 'cause everyone knows the man can play both the heel and face extremely well.

Some of you may ask, how would they give Jericho a face turn for the first time? Well, they can make him turn on his group the Inner Circle for one... maybe after when they make Jericho lose the AEW title and when they do, Jericho can blame his loss on the other guys and then the Inner Circle kicks him out of the group.

What do you all think???

#2 2020-02-15 09:52:33

GoodOldPapa

Re: A Chris Jericho face turn maybe coming, sooner or later it'll happen

Id be on board for that at some point.  As you said, its hard to have the crowd booing him when they're singing his theme song.  That scenario sounds good, or possibly a match at some point between him and Sammy, with the loser having to leave the group, kind of a old guard against the up and comer kind of thing.

#3 2020-02-15 11:39:50

MaskedMadness

What about a double turn with Jon Moxley? Just throwing out ideas here. Maybe Moxley wins the title and beats down Jericho, Inner Circle doesn't save him, but embraces Moxley instead.

Last edited by MaskedMadness (2020-02-15 11:41:10)

#4 2020-02-15 13:50:53

HC13 Aries Styles

I think it only a matter of time til that happens... With that have to figure out what to do with the Inner Circle, I say find them a new leader rather say MJF or some other heel who can get as much heat..  Maybe do as New Japan when they have change the leadership of the Bullet Club, have the one taking over the leadership attack the former??

#5 2020-02-15 15:04:51

Y2JFanatic

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:

I think it only a matter of time til that happens... With that have to figure out what to do with the Inner Circle, I say find them a new leader rather say MJF or some other heel who can get as much heat..  Maybe do as New Japan when they have change the leadership of the Bullet Club, have the one taking over the leadership attack the former??

Remember now, Hulk Hogan wasn't always the leader of the NWO back in the WCW days. Scott Steiner took over as leader for a long while. The Inner Circle can continue on without Jericho, they can oust him from the group and replace a new leader.

#6 2020-02-15 16:23:30

HC13 Aries Styles

Y2JFanatic wrote:
HC13 Aries Styles wrote:

Remember now, Hulk Hogan wasn't always the leader of the NWO back in the WCW days. Scott Steiner took over as leader for a long while. The Inner Circle can continue on without Jericho, they can oust him from the group and replace a new leader.

With Hogan he changed back to the old Hogan cause of management...  Cause if you remember they kinda disbanded the Nwo when Russo and Ferrera  took over creative they then tease with Hall and Nash wanting to put the band back together with Bret Hart being the leader as well, then when Hart got hurt, they replaced him with Steiner..     

Anyhow AEW does this they have to  do it where it don't hurt the other members of the Inner Circle getting lost in such a turn of events..

Board footer