You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-13 18:04:13

Y2JFanatic

People think AEW will destroy WWE but actually WWE will destroy AEW...

Don't get me wrong.. I freakin' LOVE AEW and admire what they're doing. I love both WWE and AEW so I'm not on one side at all, lol... but a lot of those who side with AEW are saying they will destroy WWE... take the WWE out of business and all that. Well, I think that prediction is wrong. WWE will destroy AEW, just like they destroyed WCW and Dixie Carter/Jeff Jarrett's TNA Impact. Other wrestling promotions are trying to overtake WWE and compete with them... WCW tried that and they failed... TNA tried to overtake WWE and they failed. AEW is gonna fail too. Just watch...

Yes, AEW is pretty hot in the ratings with "Dynamite" on Wednesday nights, they are doing way better than RAW/SD/NXT but give it time, guys. WWE will figure out a way to become a top company again... they'll figure out a way to beat AEW in the ratings. It may take some time but WWE will come up with a plan.

I mean, AEW is already losing their audience at their live shows 'cause they can't fill up an arena anymore. If you notice at the arena shows on "Dynamite", there are a lot of empty seats. The more I watch Dynamite every week, the less and less crowds they have at their arena shows. Their crowds are getting smaller.

There will be a point where AEW will go out of business, I just have a feeling they won't last long. They may have signed with TNT for a few more years but AEW can go out of business anytime. It happened with WCW and TNA. Yeah, TNA is technically still around but under a different name and new owner obviously... I'm talking about the original TNA when Dixie & Jeff owned it. TNA tried to compete with WWE just by signing all the old WCW guys.

You can't destroy WWE. You can't take them out of business 'cause they are way too powerful of a company and they'll be around forever and forever. No matter how bad WWE gets, they will always be around. Sorry but that's the truth.

I predict a few years from now AEW will be gone because their audience will transition back to WWE soon enough. All WWE has to do is give them what they want... more wrestling and good wrestling. They'll give us all that soon, it's only a matter of time.

Last edited by Y2JFanatic (2020-02-13 18:07:14)

#2 2020-02-14 01:20:28

CamelToeClutch

Re: People think AEW will destroy WWE but actually WWE will destroy AEW...

Y2JFanatic wrote:

I predict a few years from now AEW will be gone because their audience will transition back to WWE soon enough. All WWE has to do is give them what they want... more wrestling and good wrestling. They'll give us all that soon, it's only a matter of time.

Has anyone ever told you to shut the fuck up?

#3 2020-02-14 01:49:15

RyanP

CamelToeClutch wrote:

Has anyone ever told you to shut the fuck up?

Wow. Talk about being rude. Last time I checked he was entitled to his opinion about this subject whether you agree with it or not.

Last edited by RyanP (2020-02-14 01:49:50)

#4 2020-02-14 02:01:50

RyanP

Any fan with an ounce of common sense knows that AEW isn’t going to take down WWE and that isn’t and should never be their goal. A little off topic but I am curious to see if their viewership numbers are going to be affected by Nyla Rose winning the women’s championship because based on the comments I saw on this site and others it didn’t seem like there was a very positive response to it in my opinion. Let me clarify that I’m not criticizing Nyla for being the women’s champion. I’m just making an observation about the reaction from the fans to her winning the title.

#5 2020-02-14 13:10:05

HC13 Aries Styles

I think in the long run unless something changes the WWE is destroying their own self... From failed storylines,  to crappy creative, to unhappy superstars, and to Vince being  involved  too much in other ventures... 
The biggest thing AEW probably want be competition to WWE anytime soon, but the longer they around they will...

#6 2020-03-05 15:41:58

ilyem

As someone who watches AEW over WWE currently and a former huge fan of WWE who in recent has been VERY disappointed with the product I once loved and anticipated watching every week. I am sure there are people who believe this, but it is not the majority of AEW fans, fans like myself and others I know see it as an alternative or an addition to the current wrestling line up. Do I think that AEW will kill WWE? No, WWE has stood the test of time and it will continue to stand the test of time. The only thing that can kill WWE is WWE itself. I feel like this post is a rather far reach from someone I see in these forms constantly trying to stir the AEW vs WWE point.

I also do not believe that AEW will be going out of business at 'anytime' they have a new product and while they have things they definitely need to work on such as the women's division, but they are showing a strong start and have a good backing.

The arguments of ticket sales can be made for WWE as well, less and less people are selling out seats and live shows, the 4 big shows will always sell out, but house shows, Raws, Smackdowns, and NXT's see the same. It wont cause the company to go out of business at any time soon.

Point being, this post was made by someone who is constantly in the forums saying AEW is either ripping off WWE or general hating on it. You're entitled to your opinion but you also look like the typical WWE fanboy who is upset that there is something out there now that may actually be able to compete with WWE.

At the end of the day, you just look salty dude. It's wrestling, just enjoy it.

Board footer