You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-03 10:11:03

RyanP

WWE vs AEW-Product Criticism

No matter the promotion wrestling products always get criticized whether it’s justified or not is a debate for another time. My question for this particular topic is If you don’t watch a product do you have a right to criticize said product? Examples. If you don’t watch WWE do you have the right to criticize WWE’s product? If you don’t watch AEW do you have the right to criticize AEW’s product? I’ve always said that if your not watching the product then you have absolutely no right to criticize it especially if you’ve established that you don’t like the product to begin with. What do you all think about this subject?

#2 2020-02-03 15:08:58

Tommy

Re: WWE vs AEW-Product Criticism

What I don't understand is how someone can claim they don't watch a certain product yet criticize it. How can you know whether it's good or bad if you supposedly don't watch it? They're either lying or make comments just because it's the "cool thing to do" these days. Both companies have good and bad qualities but it seems mostly directed at one particular company while the other is looked at as perfect and can do no wrong.

#3 2020-02-03 18:51:18

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

I think it is sad when arguments boil down to this vile hate just because somebody enjoys something you don't. There is a place for both WWE and AEW and more besides. Just look at the effect AEW is having on WWE right now, offering talent more money, lighter schedules and time off - Who said competition was a bad thing?

#4 2020-02-03 19:02:38

GoodOldPapa

Totally agree.  If you don't watch it or follow it, you have no room at all to criticize it.  All of those who follow pro wrestling religiously should spread the love around to all promotions, wanting the best for all.

#5 2020-02-03 20:14:10

HC13 Aries Styles

Right now I try to watch a little of every product out there....  WWE Raw on Mondays if I ain't doing anything... Tuesdays- NWA Powerrr,  AEW Dark and then Impact on Twitch,  Wednesdays I mostly watch AEW Dynamite, though may check out NXT if I think of it....  I may watch Smackdown on Fridays some if not usually catch the replay FS1 have with WWE Backstage late night Tuesday...  I also will watch New Japan, and Ring of Honor and some Indy wrestling....   
Now the thing with some esp the WWE they tend to be at a point when you hope they would do something but more then often let the fans down with exception of the big events/PPVs...  Which I think is why most fans tend to turn away from the WWE esp Raw...

#6 2020-02-03 23:57:45

Jayke1981

This is a real pet peeve of mine. I have a friend who apparently is not in the mood to watch the product frequently but still criticizes WWE.  He raves about AEW but, if I'm honest, I'm not sure he even watches that! He also criticizes Impact saying that it's "shit". And I know he never watches that! I'm an 'any wrestling is fun' now. I never used to be when I was much younger, but now I've grown up to appreciate the sport. So thanks to Free-to-air TV changes. In a week, I can now watch MLW Fusion, NXT UK, AEW Dynamite, Impact Wrestling, and WWE Highlight shows of Smackdown and Raw on Saturday and Sunday!
So if anyone says anything about the products, they need to back it up. What I don't watch, I will read about on some dirt sheets (depending on the sources of course!) and of course social media. But Opinions suck unless you know what you are saying!

Let Me In

#7 2020-02-04 18:52:38

Psykohurricane

for me, my biggest problem with wrestling in general right now it's that i've seen everything already multiple time over. So a new promotion with new wrestlers and a new style of wrestling isn't going to do it for me. AEW is pretty much that, it's a new promotion, using old booking idea and doing them with new performers that i don't know and don'T care to invest time in knowing and i'm sure i'm not the only one in that predicament right now. The only good thing that AEW did for me is that it made me watch NXT again because before AEW started, i hadn't watch NXT for over a year especially for the same reason that i don't watch AEW anymore.

And while i'm mentioning NXT, my only complaint right now about this product is that they really do need to leave Full sail if they want fans to see them as a brand on the level of Raw and Smackdown. Having them still air live in a small place like full sail makes them look minor league which isn't what WWE seem to want from this brand.

Also just as a side bar, it's kinda funny to thing about it now but when AEW first launch, they promise the fans a true alternative to WWE with a more more sports oriented presentation. Fast forward almost a year after they said that and NXT is still the more sport oriented product out there while AEW is pretty much doing sports entertainment with some sports element thrown in there.

#8 2020-02-05 12:47:13

Jayke1981

Psykohurricane wrote:

And while i'm mentioning NXT, my only complaint right now about this product is that they really do need to leave Full sail if they want fans to see them as a brand on the level of Raw and Smackdown. Having them still air live in a small place like full sail makes them look minor league which isn't what WWE seem to want from this brand.

From what I heard just before Christmas, I think there is a rumour that NXT might go on tour in the summer

Let Me In

#9 2020-02-05 14:50:09

HC13 Aries Styles

Jayke1981 wrote:
Psykohurricane wrote:

From what I heard just before Christmas, I think there is a rumour that NXT might go on tour in the summer

I thought they was already doing House shows???   Also seen where WWE is cutting back on Live Events-House shows, so what does this mean for NXT??

#10 2020-02-05 14:56:01

HC13 Aries Styles

Psykohurricane wrote:

for me, my biggest problem with wrestling in general right now it's that i've seen everything already multiple time over. So a new promotion with new wrestlers and a new style of wrestling isn't going to do it for me. AEW is pretty much that, it's a new promotion, using old booking idea and doing them with new performers that i don't know and don'T care to invest time in knowing and i'm sure i'm not the only one in that predicament right now. The only good thing that AEW did for me is that it made me watch NXT again because before AEW started, i hadn't watch NXT for over a year especially for the same reason that i don't watch AEW anymore.

Also just as a side bar, it's kinda funny to thing about it now but when AEW first launch, they promise the fans a true alternative to WWE with a more more sports oriented presentation. Fast forward almost a year after they said that and NXT is still the more sport oriented product out there while AEW is pretty much doing sports entertainment with some sports element thrown in there.

Actually AEW got the Ranking System which is actually more Sport oriented.... NXT doesn't...
Only thing is they AEW haven't put much emphasis on the Win-Loss system, take the Tag Team records for AEW right now only 1 team beside the tag champs is undefeated in 2020 so far that is in the top 5...

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2020-02-05 14:56:41)

Board footer