Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

WrestleMania over 2 nights

WrestleMania is arguably the biggest event in the WWE calendar excluding the big money Saudi shows.

In the next few years would you be open to Mania being held over two nights, like NJPW do with WrestleKingdom? Think about it. I can see AEW doing something like this in the future.

You could have big main event bouts to headline each night and then showcase your up and coming talent from NXT without pushing for time. Given WWE is also an entertainment company they could host more music performances and things that reach beyond the pro wrestling audience.

What do you think to the idea? Do you have anything you’d add?

#2 2020-01-28 19:29:30

Tommy

Re: WrestleMania over 2 nights

Scrap Takeover, add NXT to WrestleMania. Two Five hour shows instead of one eight hour show. Maybe do one night of all SmackDown with some NXT and the following night all Raw with some NXT. Headline each night with the brands top title.

#3 2020-01-28 20:34:49

MaskedMadness

No, because I don't want NXT to merge the Takeover event. Even if they just changed it to NXT Takeover: WrestleMania.

With Friday for Smackdown, Saturday for NXT, Sunday for WrestleMania and Monday for Raw.... I don't see how you can fit it in without bumping NXT,

#4 2020-01-29 10:34:53

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

MaskedMadness wrote:

No, because I don't want NXT to merge the Takeover event. Even if they just changed it to NXT Takeover: WrestleMania.

With Friday for Smackdown, Saturday for NXT, Sunday for WrestleMania and Monday for Raw.... I don't see how you can fit it in without bumping NXT,

You wouldn’t bump NXT, maybe drop the dedicated TakeOver but over two nights NXT would be featured among Raw and SD matches. NXT in the next year or so will become a fully fledged 3rd brand for WWE.

#5 2020-01-29 13:05:31

GoodOldPapa

It would actually be a good idea.  As it is now, they have 7 hours of WrestleMania on Sunday, 2 hours of pre-show and 5 hours of the main card.  That's just too much for 1 day, and also trying to get everyone on the card that they don't use the other 364 days during the year.  Delete the pre-show, incorporate NXT into it, and have a 4 hour show on Saturday night, and a 4 hour show on Sunday night.

#6 2020-01-29 15:19:27

HC13 Aries Styles

Don't know if they ever will, but could it be done??? Simple answer is yes.. 
Right now I think with traditional PPV market it will be hard to sell such, but with the WWE Network it could very well happen...
I think Vince's view of Wrestlemania was that of the Superbowl...  A week long  event as the SuperBowl  is with press conferences, fan interactions..  I think one day they might test  the concept of having the event over two nights..  I think the biggest thing is rental  of the stadium  thus price which might hinder attendance..

#7 2020-01-30 02:37:38

sportsnews
Website
Facebook Twitter

If WWE plan these then it would be great to see Wrestlemania for two straight nights. And also WWE book all possible superstars who deserve in Wrestlemania.

#8 2020-01-30 13:24:02

GoodOldPapa

Agreed.  Book the ones that are truly deserving to be in WrestleMania, instead of handing everyone a participation trophy.

Board footer