You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-16 21:05:56

Tommy

WWE vs. AEW Tag Team Division

Now this seems to be a hot topic in the comment section of news articles with the consensus being that AEW has the best tag division. We can all admit WWE seems to care less about tag team wrestling but I think on paper they have just as good of a tag division as anyone else but it's the poor booking that makes it look weak. You got the Viking Raiders, OC, Usos, AOP, Revival, Street Profits, New Day. In my opinion that's a good crop of teams but overlooked by bad creative.

So my question is, is AEW really better then WWE when it comes to actual tag teams or is it one utilizes tag team wrestling more then the other? My opinion is both companies have good teams on paper but AEW is looked at as the best due to creative.

#2 2019-11-17 01:35:44

IronFistMaiden
Supreme Leader
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram

Re: WWE vs. AEW Tag Team Division

I think right now, AEW is bringing the heat with it's tag division. Got some chaos, one of the core things I ask for in pro wrestling. Matches for the sake of matches are no fun. I want meaning behind it. I don't consider it a hard thing to pull off, WWE just spends too much time in general focusing only on small packs of top guys at a time and not putting much thought into a mid-card or revitalizing the tag division like it was in the mid-late 90s when it was on fire. The matches shouldn't be the story, the story should build the matches. I think the Bucks are hanging back so the product doesn't come off like the EVP's are booking themselves to the top, likely you'll see them move up the ranks if this Cody injury has him sidelined for awhile and maybe even Omega who I feel is doing much of the same. This isn't a company where we can say "they didn't need the win" cuz it will just numerically push them down rank wise so I feel like until some of the lesser known names get broader recognition with a wider audience you will indeed see the Bucks hang back in the middle of the ranks w/ Omega so they're not obliterated numerically while Cody (if he's due back anytime soon) gets his deal sorted that is in the cards currently as top babyface.

I'm like a Vegeta but trying real hard to be like a Goku.
Join the WNS Discord https://discord.gg/GTUc4db <-- Invite

#3 2019-11-17 09:48:07

RyanP

Tommy wrote:

Now this seems to be a hot topic in the comment section of news articles with the consensus being that AEW has the best tag division. We can all admit WWE seems to care less about tag team wrestling but I think on paper they have just as good of a tag division as anyone else but it's the poor booking that makes it look weak. You got the Viking Raiders, OC, Usos, AOP, Revival, Street Profits, New Day. In my opinion that's a good crop of teams but overlooked by bad creative.

So my question is, is AEW really better then WWE when it comes to actual tag teams or is it one utilizes tag team wrestling more then the other? My opinion is both companies have good teams on paper but AEW is looked at as the best due to creative.

I think it’s more about the creative use of the tag team divisions then it is the talent. Both companies have talented tag teams but AEW focuses more on tag team wrestling hence the better creative decisions with their tag team division. Like you said WWE has a good crop of teams and I would even add Hawkins/Ryder, B-Team and Lucha House Party to that crop as well because all three of those teams are talented as well but are utilized mostly as jobbers by creative. I think WWE could have a really good tag division if they focused more on it and if there were better creative decisions.

#4 2019-11-17 21:27:21

Status Tomb

AEW hasn't been in the game very long so WWE have more established tag teams on their roster. I am probably more invested in tag teams on RAW and SD but as the weeks go by the AEW tags are catching on.

There is more variety on the WWE roster with tag teams in my opinion. Most AEW tag teams are all around the same size which is probably nick picking but never the less.

Young Bucks are great, SCU are great, I didn't get the Dark Order act at first and probably hated it but for some reason even thats catching on lol.

Board footer