#1 2019-11-10 18:44:48

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

Thoughts on the Rusev-Lana sex addict storyline?

So the Rusev-Lana storyline has been playing out for a number of weeks now. Some have suggested it has elements of the Attitude Era with the references to sex and off screens skits, but on the whole, it isn't being received and apparently is going to get more bizarre on Mondays Raw.

Rusev was once unhappy with his position in the company and there were talks of him leaving. Jack Hagger of AEW is suggesting he quits and joins AEW.  I can't imagine this storyline is where Rusev wants to be.

What do you think of the direction of the storyline and where should it go next?

#2 2019-11-10 18:53:27

theinudemon

Re: Thoughts on the Rusev-Lana sex addict storyline?

I found it pretty funny and it did have elements of Attitude Era thrown in it. I just don't think/like the idea of this storyline going on forever.

I hope it does end within the next PPV or two.

#3 2019-11-10 19:15:13

Tommy

The sooner it ends the better. I feel like this is Vince's way of "giving fans what they want" while ultimately doing what he wants. What I mean by that is fans want edgier content so they make an edgy storyline and we all know this type of shit cracks Vince up since he's done stories like this for years. To Vince that's a win win. Now because it's a shit angle and negatively received Vince sits back and goes like "see I give them what they want yet they still don't like it so back to doing what I want". So in the end Vince ultimately gets what he wants.

#4 2019-11-10 20:29:17

Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
benkerin@wrestlr.me XMPP XMPP
(offline)

I personally don’t find Bobby a good fit for this storyline either.

Board footer