You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-18 20:27:35

HC13 Aries Styles

Impact Delivers again this Year!

After watching last nights Slammiversary I have to say I feel Impact delivered again this year... From the returns of Finn Juice,  Chelsea Green,  Mickie James, the  Impact Wrestling debuts of No Way Jose,  Thunder Rosa, and Jay White....
I have always said Wrestle Kingdom is the Wrestling Show PPV that measures and put pressure on other shows throughout a year... And starting with last years Slammiversary and this years it obvious at least in my opinion that  it the show mid-way through the year that measures and put pressure on the rest of the year...

What do you think???  What did you think of this years Slammiversary???

#2 2021-07-18 21:20:24

GoodOldPapa

Re: Impact Delivers again this Year!

I enjoyed this year's Slammiversary.  There's a good chance more debuts will come in time because WWE didn't release everyone all at once, so there is a chance more fresh faces will debut at Bound For Glory, if not sooner.

#3 2021-07-18 23:56:39

RyanP

GoodOldPapa wrote:

I enjoyed this year's Slammiversary.  There's a good chance more debuts will come in time because WWE didn't release everyone all at once, so there is a chance more fresh faces will debut at Bound For Glory, if not sooner.

I thought it was good too but I’m a bit skeptical/confused about the world title picture. Omega(AEW) vs White(NJPW) for the Impact world title? Neither one of them is technically on the Impact roster so doesn’t it cheapen the Impact world title a little by having 2 non impact wrestling wrestlers feuding over it? Maybe it’s just me overthinking it but it seems like they should keep Sami in the feud or add Moose too it just to keep Impact wrestlers involved with their world title.

#4 2021-07-28 08:26:02

GoodOldPapa

I see your point about the world title, and yes it seems like they should keep an Impact guy going after it.  It seems on the surface that Kenny Omega vs Jay White for the Impact World title would be a slap in the face to the actual Impact wrestlers.

#5 2021-07-29 10:08:29

HC13 Aries Styles

RyanP wrote:
GoodOldPapa wrote:

I thought it was good too but I’m a bit skeptical/confused about the world title picture. Omega(AEW) vs White(NJPW) for the Impact world title? Neither one of them is technically on the Impact roster so doesn’t it cheapen the Impact world title a little by having 2 non impact wrestling wrestlers feuding over it? Maybe it’s just me overthinking it but it seems like they should keep Sami in the feud or add Moose too it just to keep Impact wrestlers involved with their world title.

Notice when Jay White debuted he looked down at the AEW title that was laying at the top of the Stage when he was making his way to ring....  Thus with AEWs realtionship with with New Japan as well could  we see him or even Bullet Club show up in full force on Dynamite??

Last edited by HC13 Aries Styles (2021-07-29 10:16:24)

#6 2021-08-05 01:13:13

RyanP

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
RyanP wrote:
GoodOldPapa wrote:

Notice when Jay White debuted he looked down at the AEW title that was laying at the top of the Stage when he was making his way to ring....  Thus with AEWs realtionship with with New Japan as well could  we see him or even Bullet Club show up in full force on Dynamite??

Even if he was staring at AEW title isn’t that kind of a slap in the face to Impact? The end of an Impact PPV and they’re staring down a world title from another promotion.

#7 2021-08-05 01:18:12

RyanP

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:
RyanP wrote:
GoodOldPapa wrote:

Okay let’s it was the AEW title he was looking at. It’s still at least in my opinion a little insulting to Impact to have the end of their PPV focusing on another companies world title instead of their own.

Board footer