Ben Kerin
Director of WNS
Website
Facebook Twitter Instagram
XMPP:
XMPP XMPP
()

Where next for AEW in 2020?

So with a new year a couple of months away (where did it go!?) what do you think AEW has planned for their brand in 2020?

Do you have anything you would like the company to try in 2020?

Personally, I'd like to see some new concept matches, unique to them - something that they can create a real buzz around.

It will be an important year for them for sure.

#2 2019-11-06 12:25:21

Jayke1981

Re: Where next for AEW in 2020?

Certainly building the brand. keep Dynamite Stateside - maybe have a PPV from England towards the end of next year. if that sells well, then produce a Dynamite show in 2021.

Let Me In

#3 2019-11-06 14:13:15

SirEdger

They should go slow and steady. They need to draw their international fanbase before even thinking holding an event outside of the United States, whether it's in Canada or the UK. What they mostly need to do is to build their depth, especially in the Women's division.

#4 2019-11-17 16:59:38

HC13 Aries Styles

I think expanding it product- the show, I think it very possible they will either add another hour to Dynamite or have TNT/TBS etc pick up AEW Dark on a different night with it own 2 hours??    With that maybe picking up some free agents, be it veterans and  rookie  talent..

Next I think a mid-card title will be created to give talent something  to go after  then making each division unique with from the World title, Women's  World Tag and  even Trios... 

Then I would guess expanding their presence  in touring, most likely going to Canada maybe Mexico of course, maybe even with it own touring schedule besides the TV as well??

#5 2019-11-17 17:08:50

HC13 Aries Styles

SirEdger wrote:

They should go slow and steady. They need to draw their international fanbase before even thinking holding an event outside of the United States, whether it's in Canada or the UK. What they mostly need to do is to build their depth, especially in the Women's division.

You obviously haven't been watching all the AEW product they have a deep depth of in all their roster according to their page 42 men 14 women (Wikipedia 44 men and 15 women)..  Probably a much deeper depth then most gives credit?

#6 2019-11-17 17:26:21

El Pollo Loco

HC13 Aries Styles wrote:

I think expanding it product- the show, I think it very possible they will either add another hour to Dynamite or have TNT/TBS etc pick up AEW Dark on a different night with it own 2 hours??    With that maybe picking up some free agents, be it veterans and  rookie  talent..

Next I think a mid-card title will be created to give talent something  to go after  then making each division unique with from the World title, Women's  World Tag and  even Trios... 

Then I would guess expanding their presence  in touring, most likely going to Canada maybe Mexico of course, maybe even with it own touring schedule besides the TV as well??

AEW Dark is Dark Matches from the Same Arena they are filming Dynamite, I think 1 hour format is good enough.i totally agree with you about expanding the brand, next year Tony Khan said that they are planning to go to Canada and the UK, Jericho is very popular on those areas so they are going to do great. AEW and AAA have a Partnership and Kenny Omega is The Mega Campeon of AAA so their presence is there not in BIG steps but they are growing in different areas

#7 2019-11-17 17:29:17

El Pollo Loco

I totally Agree with all The People in this Topic, but I would like is a Partnership between NJPW and AEW. if AEW do that they are going to grow huge in an area that WWE is very Anxious to enter and is Japan. NJPW already have a Partnership with ROH but I think once this deal expire they can do something with AEW

#8 2019-11-17 21:41:46

Status Tomb

Agree with SirEdger they should go slow and steady. Maybe sign one big name but focus on building stars like Young Bucks, Omega, Pac, Page etc make them into TV names for a while before expanding anything.

#9 2019-11-18 13:43:48

HC13 Aries Styles

El Pollo Loco wrote:
HC13 Aries Styles wrote:

AEW Dark is Dark Matches from the Same Arena they are filming Dynamite, I think 1 hour format is good enough.i totally agree with you about expanding the brand, next year Tony Khan said that they are planning to go to Canada and the UK, Jericho is very popular on those areas so they are going to do great. AEW and AAA have a Partnership and Kenny Omega is The Mega Campeon of AAA so their presence is there not in BIG steps but they are growing in different areas

Have to consider how they can format and produce the show yet...    They can do like WWE use to do Raw  in the 90s and WCW did with Nitro and Thunder in the ending days and tape AEW Dark  even in a two hour format..     Either way I see them expanding esp to gain more exposure..

Board footer